Chapter 5.

"Why are you forcing me to go?"

"It will do you good to get out of the house." My mum argued back.

"That's a lame excuse, if you think it's such a good idea why don't you go?!" I shot back.

"I wouldn't want to embarrass you." She said flustered.

"I don't think they would mind." I said, remembering back to the note earlier that day. I shivered just thinking about it.

"Oh don't be silly, now go and get ready, you can't go like that." She said, emphasizing the fact she didn't like my outfit.

"There's nothing wrong with what I'm wearing." I said, straightening out my un-ironed t-shirt.

"Why don't you wear that pretty pink dress I got you last week?" She said.

"Because it's pink and pretty." I stated.

"I swear sometimes you should have been born a boy." She said sighing.

"Thanks mum, and sometimes I think you should have been born a Barbie doll." I said sarcastically.

"Don't get rude now. Finish your tea and please just change into something clean and maybe let your hair down." She said whilst trying to undo my hair, I swatted her hand away like a fly.

"Get off." I moaned.

"Chip chop." She said ushering me to hurry up.

"Alright I'm going." I said shovelling one last spoon of noodles in my life. "Done." I said, whilst leaving the table.

"You've got 20 minutes!" My mum shouted from the kitchen to me.

"I'm not getting there on time, that's lame." I muttered to myself whilst walking up the stairs.

"No, no, no, no, no." I said whilst I flicked through the clothes my parents had bought me. I eventually gave up and flopped on my bed and screamed. "Charles, get off my head." I said into my pillow whilst Charles was trying to use my head as a scratching post.

"Are you ready yet?" My mum shouted upstairs. I just murmured into my pillow, obviously not expecting her to hear but I couldn't be bothered to answer. "What are you doing in bed?" She literally shouted as she came storming in.

"I'm not in bed, I'm on the bed." I stated matter-of-factly.

"Don't get cocky with me." She said unimpressed. "What's wrong with this one?" She asked whilst holding up a long red dress. I just gave her a 'what the heck' look. "Yeah, too much." She said putting it back. "Do you have to be so awkward?" She muttered going through the racks of clothes.

"If being awkward means not wanting to wear a dress, then yes." I replied getting up and entering the wardrobe. "Can't I just wear a pair of black jeans?"

"Fine, but no band shirts, they're so tacky." She said pulling a disgusted face.

"Fine, no band shirt, but no flowery shirts either." I said while putting my jeans on.

"Okay, what about this?" She said, she was holding up a crop top. I crossed my eyes and looked with utter repulse at it. "I'll take that as a no." She said putting it back.

"You should just burn it, it's hideous."

"It would show off your stomach." She said still flicking through the rails.

"Exactly why I don't want to wear it."

"You're so difficult." She moaned whilst massaging her temples.

"Thanks." I replied sarcastically while rolling my eyes. "This will do." I said pulling a shirt off the top rail.

"That's okay, I guess." She sighed still not impressed. I pulled the shirt over my head and let it rest on one shoulder whilst the other one dropped slightly lower revealing my shoulder. It was a long sleeve off the shoulder shirt, it was comfy and sort of fashionable I guess.

"What shoes are you wearing?" My mum pondered whilst she checked my outfit over for the 20th time.

"Converse?" I asked rhetorically.

"Those pieces of rubbish?" She said sounding disgusted.

"They may look a bit worn out but they're comfy." I said whilst picking them up of the floor.

"Why not your new pastry shoes? They would look cute with your outfit." She said holding them up as if she had already planned for me to wear them.

"Fine, if it makes you happy." I said giving in; I couldn't be bothered to argue anymore. I was actually looking forward to getting out of the house; I wouldn't be mithered by my mum. I never go out anywhere so I guess she is what you call 'mothering' me. I slipped on the black and yellow pastry high tops, tightened my hair and grabbed my phone ready to go.

"Ready?" My mum said excitedly.

"Unfortunately." I muttered whilst walking out the front door.

"HAVE FUN!" My dad shouted from the kitchen.

"Have fun? Yeah right, it will be torture." I said under my breath.

"I bet you're excited, your first party." My mum said all giddy. If only she knew, it wasn't my first party, I've been to plenty, but she doesn't know. They normally take place after she's asleep, I used to have a friend Cameron, but he moved, we used to crash parties all the time, things changed when he moved though. We don't even keep in contact anymore, which is pretty sad, I really liked him, probably more than I ever should have done but there is nothing I can do about it now, he's gone and I'm still here.

"Oh yeah, totally." I said over enthusiastically and sarcastically.

"That's the spirit." She said while turning the engine on.

"Do you even know where you are going?" I asked.

"Of course I do, Harry's mum is going to wait outside so I get the right house." She spoke happily.

"His mum will be waiting outside?" I questioned.

"Yep." She simply answered.

"His mum is going to be at his party?" I asked, trying to hold back my laughter.

"Yeah, why?" My mum asked confused with all the questions I was firing at her.

"Oh, no reason." I said grinning.

"It should just been down this left. Oh there she is." My mum said while waving energetically at Harry's mum I presume. "Have fun, don't do anything stupid and call me when you're ready to be picked up. And at least wait an hour or two before you ring."

"Fine, whatever." I said, swinging the door open and being greeted by Harry's mum.

"How nice to see you Delilah, go straight in, the party has already started." Harry's mum said. She went to give me an awkward hug but I dodged her arms and walked up the front garden.

I took a deep breath before opening the door. I could hear the music blasting throughout the house; luckily it was a detached house. Obviously it was chart music, the music that made me squirm in my boots. I pushed the door handle down and opened the door. It wasn't as busy as I thought it would be. There was the usual couple making out in the hallway. I weaved my way around and walked about, just 'exploring'. I really wanted to find his room and hopefully find something embarrassing lurking in a bottom draw or something but I didn't want to get caught, yet. I carried on exploring the ground floor. Nothing interesting. I grabbed a cup of whatever was in the fish bowl in the kitchen. I took a swig of the bright blue drink and spat it into the sink. It tasted like cheap vodka. I grabbed a can of Stella from the fridge and walked around some more. I noticed several eyes on me, probably wondering what I'm doing there. I hadn't seen the famous Harry himself yet, which was a good thing, maybe I can go the whole night without seeing him. I looked around all the rooms, it was a pretty dull party, unless everyone was hiding somewhere it was practically empty, except for the people making out in the corners of every room. I grabbed hold of the banister and proceeded upstairs to continue my 'exploring'.