Chapter 29.

Delilah's POV

"So..."

"So..." I repeated, his intolerance was grinding away at my nerves.

"Coffee's good."

"You haven't seen me in years and all you can talk about is coffee?" I practically growled, I know I probably seemed like a bitch right now, but he was the one who wanted to meet up in the first place.

"Sorry, I just don't really know what to say." He admitted.

"You must have something in mind or else you wouldn't have shown up out of the blue." I stated.

"Why are you being such a bitch?" He almost shouted.

"Cameron I'm not being a bitch, I'm being honest. You never returned a single call or text, why now?" I probed.

"You want to know the honest truth?"

"I'm a big girl now, I'm sure I can handle it." I retorted.

"Fine then misses big girl, I didn't keep contact because hearing your voice would only make me miss you more."

"W-what?" I stuttered, my face smoothed out at his shock response.

"I missed you every single second we were apart."

"Okay, that's a bit creepy." I joked, hoping he took it the same way.

"I know, but it's true, you were nothing but good to me and I couldn't even return a simple phone call." He said stressing out.

"It's fine, don't worry." I said trying to lighten the mood. He looked up at me with his sympathetic eyes. He hadn't changed much, just grown a bit taller, if that was possible, he was well beyond six foot now. His hair had grown longer, he looked like he should be in some pop punk band with his long hair, skinny jeans and glamour kills shirt. "I have to go, my mum expects me home soon." I lied, I was on the way to Harry's but I didn't want to fill him in on the details, I know lying is not good for the soul but mines barely pure anymore.

"Since when do you listen to your parents?" He delved.

"Since I became more responsible." I said trying to sound convincing.

"You've changed." He stated before walking me out of the small coffee shop, however this time it was a high end one and it was packed, not like earlier.

"You haven't." I replied smiling at him and walking out.

"Well I'm off this way, I'll guess I'll see you around?" He asked.

"Okay, sure, how long are you around for?"

"As long as I want, I'm renting a place out." He replied smiling.

"Awesome, remember we always talked about living together..." I trailed off.

"Old times ay?" He said before enveloping me in a hug, he even smelt like a band member, don't ask how I know that.

"See ya around Cameron."

"You too, I've missed you." He said before slowly backing away.

"I missed you too." I replied smiling and finally walking away. I was now able to breathe a sigh of relief, that didn't go as bad as I thought. I walked down the streets, fighting back my urge to shiver through the almost winter air. I pulled my coat tighter around my body and my pace quickened as the light from the sun slowly faded and I was swallowed up by the darkness.

After what seemed like hours I reached the familiar residence of Harry. I didn't bother contemplating going in this time, instead I turned the door handle and walked straight in. I was hit with the warm air and the lingering smell of alcohol. I scrunched my nose up at the distinct smell, there was a punch around somewhere, the smell couldn't be disguised. I walked through into the living where a group of people were just sitting on the sofas. I thought this was supposed to be a party? I walked back out and hung my coat up on the end of the stairs since I didn't know if they had a coat rack or anything. I recognised pretty much all the faces in the living room, most of them boys. All Harry's gang of course and a few extras. I was glad Charlotte and her posy were nowhere in sight, I was not in the mood for drama. I was knocked out of my little thought bubble by someone stumbling out of the bathroom.