Chapter 26.

Harry's POV

What the hell just happened? I stood frozen on the spot letting the last words leave her lips sink in. I started to walk after her when an arm pulled me back.

"Don't do it." Zayn said as he released me.

"I need to go after her." I replied.

"Give her some space." Louis spoke.

"I need to speak to her." I argued back trying to get some sympathy from the others, all my boys had joined me whilst the rest of the crowd dispersed, Charlotte didn't even attempt to come near me.

"She needs space, she'll come round." Liam replied.

"I think I love her." I blurted out, I was half expecting a slap around the face or something from one of them but none of them did anything.

"I know." Louis responded.

"What do I do?" I said sounding defeated.

"Things will all work out in the end." Niall try to reassure me.

"You don't know that for sure." I fought back.

"Dude, he's trying to stay positive."

"I know, sorry."

"Let's go get you cleaned up." Louis said as he pulled me away towards the nurse's office. I hadn't noticed how bad my lip was bleeding and I'm pretty sure my eye was starting to swell.

"How did you know?" I asked as we walked down the silent corridors.

"Know what?" He asked.

"That I loved her." I sighed.

"Your eyes." He replied, I looked over at him edging him to explain. "The way you look at her you're in deep, whenever her name is mentioned your eyes light up, anything to do with her and it brings a spark to your eye and smile to your face."

"Does that mean it's love?" This conversation was starting to get deep.

"I can only tell you what I see not what you feel." He replied. "I better get to class, you'll be alright on your own won't you?" He asked as he left me stood outside the nurse's office.

"Yeah." I sighed. "Hey Lou!" I shouted after him.

"Yeah?" He responded.

"Thanks!" I shouted back.

"That's what best friends are for." He said as he came back and gripped me into a tight hug.

"Okay, don't crush my ribs." I joked.

"Okay, now I really have to go, you know what Mr Flint is like when people are late." He said before taking off down the corridor. I squinted my eyes at the pain coming from my face, I imagined this is how Delilah was feeling. Just even thinking about her name made my stomach flutter. I took a deep breath before I placed my hand on the door and turned the handle.

I didn't realise the nurse already had company when I walked in, it made the situation slightly more awkward. The silence was finally broken by the nurse interrupting.

"Not another one been beat up, wait here I'll be back in a minute." She said before rushing out the door slamming it behind her.

Delilah's POV

It didn't really surprise me when Harry walked into the nurse's office; he had been pretty beat up to. I watched as he took a seat whilst I remained with my feet dangling off the bed swinging backwards and forwards, I was trying to take my mind off the pain, the painkillers I had been given should kick in soon, hopefully.

"How's your face?" Harry asked breaking the silence.

"Painful, yours?" I replied.

"Nothing I can't handle." He replied trying to act macho.

"If it's nothing you can't handle why are you in the nurse's office?" I said, I attempted to raise my eyebrow at him but pain filled my body again.

"Sorry about you getting hurt." He said ignoring my question.

"You didn't do it, don't worry." I said my eyes flickering anywhere around the room except for his face.

"I was part of it, it was partly my fault." He argued back.

"It's over now, I don't care." I sighed.

"Sorry about you and Riley." He said trying to sound sorrowful.

"Stop apologising." I said raising my voice slightly.

"If I didn't get involved you and Riley would still be together." He said as he got up and stood a foot in front of me.

"Do you really think that?" I asked narrowing my eyes at him.

"You weren't strong enough to break it off when he cheated." He stated. "You would have been stuck around his little finger."

"He wasn't all bad you know." I thought back.

"I know, he picked you up after prom didn't he?" He said picking up my hands and rubbing the back of them with his thumbs.

"Yeah." I merely stated.

"Sorry about prom by the way."

"Stop apologising." I said laughing at him.

"That was the last time, I promise." He said laughing back. "If I never kissed you then you and Riley would still be together." He said as he stopped rubbing my hands.

"I kissed back." I said looking down as if I was ashamed of my actions.

"Do you regret that?" He asked holding my head up.

"What?"

"Kissing back?" He said stroking the hair away from my face.

"No." I said, my eyes meeting his. I saw a look of disgust on his face. "What?" I spoke.

"Are you sure nothings broken?" He asked referring to my face.

"No, just bruised and don't pull that face at me, have you seen yours?" I asked smirking at him.

"But I'm still incredibly handsome." He said placing a hand on his chest.

"So modest." I joked in sarcasm.

"Did you mean what you said?" He asked turning all serious again.

"About never seeing you again?"

"Yeah."

"You're here now." I replied.

"But why did you say it?"

"I was angry, I didn't mean it."

"I didn't think you would. Do you know how much willpower it took me to stop myself running after you?" He asked, I cocked my head at him like a confused dog. "My friends stopped me." He admitted.

"What does the whole school think?" I asked sounding panicked.

"What does it matter?" He said walking towards me again.

"I don't know." I answered a little flustered.

"All that matters is that you know that I care about you." He spoke whilst cupping my face in his hands.

"Why do you care?" I asked looking straight into his eyes which were familiar to me now but still had the same heart fluttering effect.

"Because I do." He said before planting a sweet kiss on my lips, I ignored the pain from the slight pressure and the scent of blood and enjoyed it while it lasted. Before either of us could speak again he retreated just before the nurse came barging back in. I was left in deep thought, my stomach doing somersaults; I looked at Harry and smiled back at him, something felt right for once.