Chapter 24.

Delilah's POV

"How was school?" My mum asked as soon as I stepped in the car after that long day. Charlotte had decided to leave me alone for the rest of the day however the pictures were still there haunting me. I may put on a confident front but how can I not feel self-conscious with them photos all around school?

"Same old." I sighed.

"Really?" She asked looking over at me.

"Yeah." I replied in a confused tone.

"Your principle rang me today."

"Oh." I replied.

"Are you sure you're okay?" She asked.

"I'm fine, school was fine." I replied bluntly.

"Does what happened today happen a lot?" She questioned sounding concerned.

"It's just another day in the life as me." I said shaking my head.

"If you ever need anyone to talk to I'm here." She said squeezing my knee.

"I've survived 4 years of school I'm sure I could survive one more." I stated.

"I'm worried about you." She stated.

"You don't need too." I tried to reassure her.

"What's going on in your life?" Does she expect me to spill like she's a diary?

"A lot." I simply replied.

"A lot of what?"

"Stuff." I said trying to end the conversation again.

"You're getting into trouble at school, your face is swollen and you're the victim of vile pranks, please talk to me Delilah." She begged.

"I can't." I said almost crying.

"You can, I promise." She said now on the verge of tears.

"I wouldn't know what to say, everything's a mess but I'll sort it." I said as I felt a salty tear slid down my swollen cheek.

"I promise."

"I know." I sniffled. Luckily we reached the house before she tried to delve further into my life. In all honesty I was telling her the truth; I wouldn't exactly know what to say. She would lecture me about cheating on Riley and I wouldn't dare dream of what she would do to Charlotte if she knew she was bullying me. I'm in my last year at school, I shouldn't be getting bullied, by the age of 16 everyone should have grown up by now but I guess some people are stuck at that lower maturity.

"Delilah before you go and hide in your room, Harry and his family are coming over for dinner tonight, please be good." She pleaded.

"Sure." I said before walking into our house and up to my room, my haven, my safe place.

I didn't exactly know what to do with myself, I felt like I needed to be depressed but being upset is going to get me nowhere. I sat myself down on my wooden floor and flicked through an old photo album. Most of the pictures were of me and Cameron, we both looked so young I couldn't help laugh at our innocence. Cameron was the first person I ever had a crush, it was just a sweet crush, which was when I was young and naïve. After laughing at all the photos I took out the sketchbook hidden in the depth of the abyss under my bed. I blew the dust of the bright green cover and flicked through a couple of pages. I have loads of random doodle books but this was the one where I drew my feelings, it was like a diary except with pictures. The last picture was done almost a year ago, I had lost the enthusiasm to carry it on but right now art was one of my only escapes. I switched on my Simple Plan playlist and let the pencil in my hand glide across the page.