Chapter 40.

Delilah's POV

"Have you got everything?"

"Yeah, I think so." I smiled.

"I don't want you to leave, I'm gonna miss you."

"I'll miss you too but it's not for long, only a month." I replied still smiling up at his flawless face and effortless curls.

"That's a month too long." Harry replied whilst wrapping his arms around me and submerging his head amongst my hair.

"It will fly be, you'll see." I said sounding optimistic however inside I was really dreading a month away from the boys, I know I've done it before but I've never felt so close to them since tour and now just leaving, it doesn't seem right but there isn't any other options. Harry's got a job to do and so do I, just not together.

"I'll promise I'll call every day."

"You don't have to."

"But I want to."

"Harry." I sighed.

"Yeah?"

"I love you." I said into his shirt.

"I love you too." He replied lifting my head up and connecting our lips. The familiar presence never cease to stop the butterflies in the pit of my stomach, they're still there even when he looks at me, when we kiss it's like the Fourth of July fireworks every time. We reluctantly pulled apart as a beeping from a taxi sounded through the gaps in the windows.

"Well that's my cue to leave." I joked. Harry didn't reply, he helped me carry my bags downstairs and out of the front door. The rest of the boys were now gathered in the front garden, I guess this was my little send-off party, they would all be doing the same this afternoon, I wanted to get it over and done with now before I got emotional. Harry placed my luggage into the trunk of the taxi before joining us all in the little semi-circle we had formed.

"Well I'll guess I'll see you guys in a month." I said rocking backwards and forwards on my heels. No-one said anything but Louis was quick to leap on me, almost sending me head first into the concrete. For some reason Louis doesn't give normal hugs, his arms squeezed my internal organs together in his bone crushing bear hug.

"I'm gonna miss you Louis, but maybe not the part where you break my ribs." I joked as he let go.

"I'm offended." He joked as he rubbed the hair on my head before I swatted his hand away.

"Don't get into too much trouble while I'm not there." I smirked back at him.

"Me? Trouble? Noooo." He replied in an exasperated tone. I just laughed at his little joke.

"See you soon Liam, keep them in line." I grinned as I hugged Liam.

"Don't worry, bedtimes at 8pm sharp." He joked. I enveloped Zayn in a hug next, I liked hugging Zayn, he always smelt really good.

"New cologne?" I asked as we pulled apart.

"Calvin Klein." He winked, I shook my head at him, I didn't expect anything different I thought.

"And Niall, don't go on a binge fest, your fans would like to see you move on stage." I grinned as we hugged each other.

"I eat when I'm hungry." He protested.

"Which is all the time." Liam butt in. Niall couldn't think of a response so just grinned, he knew he had been defeated.

"When do we get to see you again?" Niall questioned.

"1 month 2 days." I stated proudly like I was counting down the days. I saw them raise their eyebrows at me until Harry spoke up.

"And then miss minor turns 18." He said wrapping his arms around my waist from behind.

"You can finally drink." Louis grinned.

"I already drink, juice makes me happy." I beamed.

"Whatever floats your boat." He replied and rubbed my hair once more before he led the other boys inside.

"Bye!" I shouted as they entered the house, they all shouted back, it took a lot of strength not to let a tear slide out.

"So I guess this is goodbye?" Harry asked spinning me around.

"1 month remember?" I said looking into his eyes.

"1 month, I can do it." He said aloud as if he was talking his thoughts.

"Of course you can, you'll be so busy you won't even noticed I'm gone."

"Don't say that, I'll be thinking about you every second I'm not with you."

"Do you think we're too young?" I asked out of the blue.

"Too young for what?" He asked confused.

"Too young to be in love? I mean people say the first love is always the hardest but they say most of the time it doesn't last and we're too young to be in love. We're not mature enough, we're barely adults." I babbled on.

"Hey hey, I don't see it like that. People can say what they want but that will never change the fact I love you, nothing can change that, I don't care what they say, you're all that matters."

"You're not just saying that?"

"Heck no, I love you so much." He defended.

"That's good, because I love you too." I grinned before our lips connected for the last time.

"Today would be nice!" The taxi driver shouted ruining our moment, although I have to admit we had kept him waiting.

"1 month, that's all." I whispered to Harry whilst I gave him one last tight hug. I turned around on my heels before Harry could see the tears slipping out of my tear ducts. I climbed into the dingy old taxi and waited for the engine to roar up. As the taxi pulled away I waved to Harry who was stood at the end of the garden waving with a small but substantial smile on his face, I wouldn't be able to see that beautiful face for a month, this is always so hard. Goodbye is always hard, but at least they'll be a hello. I wiped the tears from my eyes before my eyeliner could run and pulled my phone from my pocket as I felt it vibrating.

Harry:

I miss you already, have a safe journey and ring me when you get home. I love you. x

It had only been a couple of minutes and I felt like I hadn't seen him in years, I was so tempted to tell the taxi to turn around and take me straight back but I couldn't. I smiled at my phone screen before locking it and sliding it back into my pocket. I slid into a more comfortable position as I listened to the radio which was blaring fairly loud through the speakers. We had only been in the car 10 minutes and What Makes You Beautiful blasted through the speakers, I just can't seem to get away from them. I thought grinning and shaking my head, I pushed the dismal goodbye thoughts out of my mind and quietly sung along, knowing every word, key change and singer. When Harry's part came up my world literally lighted up, I needed a pick me up and his beautiful harmonious voice was the key.

The journey to my house in the countryside took around 2 hours, I never questioned why I moved so far away but everyone else did.

"Here we are love." The taxi driver spoke as we pulled up to my house.

"Thank you." I replied climbing out and heading towards the trunk. I grabbed my suitcases and made my way to the front of the car where I paid him the fare. He was quick to speed off, not keen on the countryside I assumed. My neighbour and only neighbour was in their front garden gardening, I smiled at her as I walked up to my front door. I hadn't noticed how heavy my bags were until I tried to carry them all at once. I dropped them on the doorstep as I slipped the key into the door and swung it wide open. It was exactly how I left it, I pulled my bags inside and shut the door allowing none of the built up heat to exit. Home Sweet Home I thought.