Chapter 16.

Delilah's POV

"So Delilah, what's brought you here?" Mr Gaskat the principle asked as I took a seat in his office.

"Mr Barakarth gave me a disciplinary since my hair is extreme and could cause a distraction to other students during lessons." I sighed unenthusiastically.

"It's not that extreme, I honestly don't see the problem."

"You don't?" I asked out of shock.

"It's not vibrant, it's not exactly natural." He replied calmly.

"So am I going to get in trouble?" I asked confused.

"Not this time, however if it suddenly turns bright yellow overnight I may have to reconsider." He said grinning.

"Thanks." I said matching his grin.

"Now you better get back to class, I have a ton of paperwork to do." He said pointing at the 2 foot stack of paper on his desk.

"Ouch, thanks Mr Gaskat, later." I replied as I exited the room. The bell for first period had gone ages ago and I was beyond late, but for once I had a reasonable excuse. I was walking with an extra bounce in my step on my way to biology when I remembered I didn't get an absence note from the principle. I spun on my heels and retreated straight back to the office.

"Hey Mr Gaskat I forgot to ask for a –OH MY GOD." I said as I quickly slammed the door shut, I would never get that image out of my head. It appeared Mr Gaskat was cheating on his wife with the school secretary. Who does that sort of thing at 9 in the morning, on your work desk? I quickened my pace still shivering at the image I just saw.

I walked into biology to see everyone had switched seats to previous lessons. I couldn't see a spare seat anywhere.

"Delilah why are you late?" Mr Dawson asked as I entered the silent room.

"I was at the principal's office." I said while scanning the room.

"Do you have a note?" He questioned standing up from his desk.

"Uh, no I don't." I said recalling what I just saw.

"Why not?"

"Mr Gaskat was busy with something." I managed to say, although it didn't sound very convincing.

"I'll speak to him later. Anyway take your seat so we can start the lesson." He said ushering me into the class.

"My seat is taken, all the seats are taken." I said cocking my eyebrows at him.

"There's a spare seat between Mr Tomlinson and Mr Styles."

"I'd rather sit on the floor." I replied sarcastically.

"You'll do as you're told, now go sit down." He shouted getting all huffed up about it.

"Fine." I replied as I marched to the back of the room. I slowly edged further and further back until I reached their desk. I didn't understand why they weren't sat next to each other but I wasn't going to start a conversation with them. The desk was made up of two tables joined together; I had to share a table with Louis. I'd rather kill myself than sit here for 2 hours. Harry was on my other side giving Louis weird looks; he was sat next to Niall who was eating a donut out of his pocket. Come to think of it, every time I see him he's always eating. Our desk was the second from the back, behind us was a line of girls, their girls; they were all shooting daggers with their eyes through my back.

"Your bag is on my seat." I stated to Louis who looked like he didn't care.

"And?" He replied grinning.