Chapter 17.

Delilah's POV

"I am so tired." I said as I climbed in my mum's car when she came to pick me up.

"Hard day?"

"Eventful, strange, abnormal day." I replied closing my eyes.

"How so?" She asked not letting the conversation drop.

"It just was." I said trying to sleep for the 20 minute journey home.

"Don't fall asleep just yet we're going out for dinner."

"Do we have to?" I moaned, all I wanted to do was curl up in my bed, stick on some stupid chick flick which makes girls have the wrong perception of high school and boys and eat all the junk food I want.

"Yes, we're going over to someone's house." She replied sternly.

"Not another one of your work colleagues who has a daughter who is all girly and I can't relate anything to?" I groaned, just thinking about past experiences at these sort of dinner parties was making me want to drop into a coma right now.

"No no, don't worry."

"Fine then, who?" I said not really interested.

"We're off to the Styles'." She said in a fluster.

"Have you become like bff's?" I joked sarcastically.

"It's nice to be friends with someone who hasn't got their nose up their own arse."

"Good to know mum." I replied ending the conversation.

I slowly dragged my tired body out of the car and into the house. It smelt very fresh inside, the cleaner must have been busy all day. I trudged upstairs, hoping to get a nap. I threw my bag along the floor so it stopped at the side of my bed. I flung myself onto my desk chair and opened up my laptop. I flicked through twitter and probably got over excited when I saw Before You Exit had a new song out. I quickly downloaded it and synced my iPhone. I turned the speakers right up and fell in love on the spot. I was too tired to update my tumblr so I launched myself at my bed and fell fast asleep with the music still blasting into my ears.

"Delilah, honey. It's time to go." My mum said as she gently shook my shoulder.

"No." I replied rolling over.

"Come on, we won't be there too long, you can sleep when you get back." She said, I groaned into my pillow, I just wanted to sleep now. "Come on, up now." She said getting impatient with me.

"Alright, alright. I'm up." I said when I was clearly lying in bed still.

"Don't make me get a bucket of water." She threatened.

"You wouldn't dare." I retorted.

"Wouldn't I?"

"It would ruin the silk sheets." I said grinning into my pillow.

"Come on, up now." She said changing the subject. Yet again I had won another argument.

"I think I forgot my phone." My mum said running back into the house leaving me and my dad sat in the car surrounded by an awkward silence.

"Good day at school?" He asked breaking the silence.

"It was fine." I replied dully. It was school does he expect it to be a party every day?

"What did you do?" He said trying to keep the conversation going.

"School stuff." I said stating the obvious.

"Got it." My mum announced as she climbed back into the car. "Delilah did you brush your hair?" She asked frowning at me.

"Why?" I asked, instead of an answer a hairbrush was launched in my direction. "Thanks." I said sarcastically. I pulled the brush through my hair cringing every time I reached a tangle. I did just sleep on it, which would probably explain why my hair was such a mess.