Chapter 41.

Delilah's POV

I sat at my kitchen table, the cup of tea in my hand had gone cold ages ago but I was reluctant to put it down. I sat thinking, not moving just thinking. My gaze moved on from the garden to the mobile phone in front of me. It lay there lifeless as it had been for the past week or so. No calls, texts or voicemails. Absolutely nothing from no-one, I tried not to think of the reasons but for some reason my mind played different scenarios in my head which caused me to shiver at the prospect of some of them. The doorbell rang awakening my body from its absent minded state. I finally set the cup of tea down on the table and dawdled over to the front door. I peered into the peep hole before unlocking the several locks on bolts on the door, I may live in the middle of nowhere but I was still extremely paranoid.

"Delilah?"

"That's me." I smiled back.

"I guess this is for you then, where do you want it?" The delivery man asked.

"Uh, could you put it in the front room please?" I asked, hesitant to let anyone in who I didn't know.

"Sure, you live here by yourself?" He asked as he lifted the box with ease and set it down in the front room.

"Yep." I simply answered.

"Don't you get lonely?" He asked literally.

"Nope." I lied, it does get lonely, sometimes I wonder what I'm still doing here, I wasn't enjoying it as much anymore.

"Oh, well I guess everyone likes different surroundings."

"Yeah, I guess they do." My mind flicked to other thoughts, not surrounding the brand new TV set in a box in my front room or the delivery guy walking out of my house.

"I just need you to sign this please." He said handing over a clipboard, I scribbled my elaborate signature on the dotted line, this is the part in films where people sign their lives over, I looked too much in depth at everything, I was only signing to say I had received the TV. I shook the random thoughts out of my head and handed him the clipboard back.

"Thanks, bye!" He shouted jogging down the path.

"Bye." I replied swinging the front door shut and bolting all the locks, my paranoia present again. I walked into the front room and just stared at the box, I'm not exactly strong, and how the heck was I going to get this on my wall? Nevertheless I ripped open the cardboard box and threw the packaging everywhere.

"Almost there." I breathed heavily as I was almost finished screwing the TV to the wall, I was stood one legged on a chair on my tip toes as the TV was resting on my shoulder as I screwed it into the wall. This is when a man's presence would be so useful. I screwed the last screw into the wall and carefully planted both feet on the chair and allowed the TV to stand freely without my support.

"Finally." I said breathing a heavy sigh of relief. I hopped down of the chair and starting packing up the rubbish that I had managed to make. I carried the box into the kitchen and piled all the rubbish into it, I was about to put it outside when I head a massive crash.

"Please no, please please, don't do this to me." I whined as I rushed back into the front lounge. My worst fears came true, I looked at the smashed TV lying in pieces on my floor. All the hard work and money is now lying in pieces on the floor. I picked up the still intact remote and threw it at the screen smashing it even more, now even the remote was in pieces. I don't know what came over me, I guess I was just annoyed. I groaned loudly out of annoyance as I slumped onto the sofa, I swear nothing in my life ever goes according to plan. I was waiting for the perfect movie scene to take place, this is the part where Harry turns up on my doorstep armed with bunches of flowers, ready to whisk my away forever, but the doorstep remained empty and my phone remained lifeless. I threw my head into a cushion and managed to refrain myself from screaming, but I couldn't stop the tears, this was frustrating, confusing, what had I done? Harry promised he would call every day and he did, for the first two weeks, I haven't heard from him at all since, he wouldn't answer my calls or texts either, had he forgotten about me? I twisted the promise ring around my finger reading the inscription; I promise to love you forever. If you really meant that Harry where are you?