Chapter 62.

Delilah's POV

"Will you let me put my shoes on?" I asked sarcastically. Harry was trying to pull me off the bed before I had even put anything on my feet.

"Hurry up." He replied excitedly, practically bouncing around the room.

"What is up with you today?" I questioned raising my eyebrows at him whilst I tied the laces on my vans.

"You're getting out of hospital, finally, aren't you excited?" He grinned.

"Of course I'm excited, but what's the rush, you won't even let me put me shoes on." I replied hoping off the bed.

"Because..." He smirked. "I can finally show you my surprise."

"Show me? What is it?" I asked fluttering my eyes lashes hoping it would work.

"Do you honestly think that is going to work?"

"It was worth a try." I replied hitting him playfully.

"Have you got everything?" He asked looking around the room.

"I think so." I said whilst spinning around, double checking.

"Let's go!" He shouted already running out of the room. I shook my head at him, what had he eaten this morning? Sugar puffs with extra sugar? It seemed like it. "Are you coming or what?" He added, popping his head round the door.

"Give me a chance." I smirked. He grabbed hold of my hand and pulled me out the door. Well this felt familiar, I thought. It's sort of the same thing, I'm once again running down the hospital corridors, holding hands with my ex-boyfriend, and that's all he was still, ex. I started to slow down as the realisation hit me, surely if he wanted to get back together, which I wanted and couldn't deny any longer, he would have already told or asked me, right?

"What's up?" He asked turning to look at me. I slowly let go of his hand and traced his face with my eyes, he looked so excited, but the excitement was flushed straight out of me and replaced by the truth.

"N-nothing." I stuttered, not wanting to tell him the reason, he'd probably think I was pathetic.

"Oh I get it, I'm too fast for you." He winked.

"Ha, you got me." I replied uneasy.

"What's wrong?" He asked walking towards me, and standing inches apart. He could sense I was lying, I was never good at it if I'm being honest.

"It's nothing, honestly." I smiled weakly.

"C'mon then." He returned, he grabbed hold of my hand once again and led me out of the hospital. As soon as we reached the exit doors we were greeted by hundreds of teenage girls and ear popping high pitched screams. I hadn't been present with these screams for so long I wasn't used to it. Harry seemed unfazed; he had to deal with this every day. He flashed a smile at all the waiting cameras as if they were just another thing in his day to day life. I must have looked so uneasy in every photo, I tried to smile but the bright lights were overwhelming. I hadn't been outside in almost 3 months, and being greeted like that, well let's just say I wasn't prepared. I hid my face in my hands, I wasn't ashamed, or shy, I just wasn't ready for that sort of publicity yet, especially since I was just leaving a hospital. Who knows what rumours were going to flare up now. Harry didn't let go of my hand once and even helped me into the waiting taxi. Once we were inside I was finally able to breathe again, neither my hair or clothes were pulled this time, and my eyes were getting back to normal after being blinded by the camera flashes.

"There were less people there than I expected." Harry smiled as he waved goodbye to all his adoring fans. I practically choked on air at his words.