Chapter 12.

Harry's POV

"Mum, my bowtie is fine." I said, wafting her hand away from my neck for the tenth time.

"You just look so cute." She gushed.

"I'm almost 17, please stop." I sighed. I really wasn't looking forward to tonight. I just have to arrive with her and then I can ditch her, but what if someone sees me with her? I leaned back in my seat and groaned.

"Here we are." My dad announced as well pulled up in front of their house.

"Joy." I muttered.

"Come on." My mum said dragging me out of the car. I smiled at Delilah's dad as we walked in, no sight of her or her mum yet.

"Delilah, wait." I heard her mum call to her. "Lipstick!" She shouted. I didn't manage to get a glimpse of her before she was lead back into a room. I just wanted to get tonight over with, stop stalling I thought. "Okay, go. No, wait. I need to go down first." Her mum said while pouncing down the stairs. "Eeeee" Her mum squealed. What was the big fuss, she's just wearing a dress, big deal. "Okay, you can come down now." I was half expecting her to wear a black floor length dress with massive eyeliner, I was not expecting to see her in a bright red dress with matching lipstick and elegant make-up. I couldn't believe I was thinking it but she looked good, not only good she looked great. I hadn't noticed I was gawking until my mum slapped my mouth shut.

"Don't dribble son." She said. I just glared at her, thanks for embarrassing me, I thought. However I still couldn't take my eyes of her.

Delilah's POV

I have never felt so awkward in my life; they were just staring, not saying anything.

"Nothing says bitch I've arrived like a bright red dress." I joked breaking the silence. I narrowed my eyes at Harry, nothing.

"You look beautiful Hunny." His mum spoke.

"Picture time." My mum announced.

"What? No." I said stubbornly.

"We need a picture of the cute couple."

"We're not a couple." I replied, no help from Harry in this argument, he hadn't opened his mouth since he got here, did a cat have his tongue?

"Don't be silly, now stand against that wall. You to Harry." She said ushering us towards the wall with the marble background. We both stood a few feet apart like each other had cooties. "A bit closer." My mum said pulling the camera down from her face. We scooted a couple inches closer to each other and repeated it when she complained again. We were still nowhere near each other.

"Come here, let me position you." His mum said walking towards us.

"How close do you want us?" Harry asked as he was forced into my side.

"Now turn and face each other." She said ignoring her son's question. We reluctantly faced each other with a little more guidance from her. "Actually, Delilah turn around so your back is to him." She said spinning me around. I grinned thinking I wouldn't have to see his face. "Now Harry wrap your arms around Delilah."

"What?!" We both shouted. She ignored our comments and grabbed Harry's arms and slung the around my middle.

"Now Delilah, hold onto his hands." She said, forcing me to hold onto without giving me a choice.

"This is torture." I whispered so only Harry could hear.

"For me, I know." He said cockily. I stabbed my heel into his foot and listened to him yelp in pain which only caused me to grin more.