Chapter 96

"What a stuck up as$ hole!" A punch is thrown right into Logan's face, his shaggy yet short hair shifted when his back smashes against the gate. "Won't even talk to us."

"He's such a pussy. Stupid fvck up." Another boy along with one more, all three, looking down at the new kid in uniform, the 14 year old silent and uncaring at how he's treated, speculate him as a cocky, full of himself, silent type new comer in their class who just like Chandler, had some girlish hearts racing, only Logan's way was silence and keeping to himself.

Slim, boyish and sad inside, anger all around him, he stayed down and didn't even look the bullies in the eye.

"Agh! You're not as cool as you think you are Logan!" A kick is delivered when the other two decide to join in, all of them beating who they envy and hate, not letting up, not getting a single sound from him, following him after school let out, his usual, lonely and empty path disrupted leading to this cruelty.

I don't know what was going on in his head when they were beating him.

He was defending his face best he could and seemed resigned to this treatment. I don't know if it'd happened before, but even if it had, this time was different.

No one thought it would be, but on this one day, it just was.

"Leave him alone!" My high pitched voice rang out before a giant fist sized rock was tossed and goaled the shoulder of one teen, the other two noticing and turning into victims themselves after I repeatedly tossed several more, over and over, accurate even at 8 years old, my legs running quick to defend a stranger on the street. "Go away!"

"Ow! Quit it kid!"

"You quit it! Go away!" I screamed, shut my eyes, tossed another rock and heard it perfectly hit the ring leader's nose which made him bleed and run away along with his friends. "You bullies!! You should be ashamed!!" My little girl voice barks.

I sort of forgot about Logan for a minute, but when he shifted to sit up straight and show me his abused face, prince like features only enhanced by his light voiced British accent, it was an immediate fascination with one another.

Eye to eye, I was the little girl who showed up one evening, like an abrupt wind, or sudden shower of sunlight between parted clouds, and he was the young man that was unlike anyone I'd ever met or would meet in my lifetime.

In that moment, we found someone we could depend on and understood that, we were both special. If to nobody else, at least to each other. I imagine I looked pretty fierce for a child, high attitude and strong convictions of what I knew to be right and wrong.

Just a little girl with good aim.

"Are you ok?" I asked a partially concerned. "You were scared huh? What's your name?"

I'm surprised he bothered to answer now that I recall his usual way, but there wasn't any harm in it. It was after all at that time, the least he could do.

"Logan." He starts to grab his bag and stand up.

"My names Sage." I smile as he pulls himself together, silent and collected but still bruised. "I'm 8!" My voice is proud whilst I sway on my feet in clothes that mom probably still has somewhere in the house. "Why were they hurting you?"