Chapter 94

"Nn!" I press my palm on my forehead, weeping in the lamplight on this bench I've sat upon for the past hour, thinking about what I've done, not just to his career, but to him, himself, mistreating him, mistrusting him, and not knowing about his kindness.

Logan has been bending over backwards to make sure you're not involved. To at least keep your reputation clean and out of this sh1t storm.

It's painful, all of it, it's too sharp for my heart, and yet after all this Logan was able to endure it enough that I was only recently bothered by it to this extent?

He doesn't deserve what's been happening!

Can I really not do anything!? After all he's done for me?! Nothing?!

"Sage!" I hear a voice yell from up the walkway in the dark, a figure my height and coming fast moving in and out of darkness due to the lights which helps me to automatically gasp. "Sage!!"

"Chandler?!" I get up out of near shock that he found me when I hadn't even told him where I was going. How in the heIl?

"Sage!" Chan slows down and catches his breath whilst remaining upright, heaving and beautiful, just like I last saw him. His bangs are a little blown back from running so fast though. My gosh. "Are you ok?"

"Chan--how did you know I was-"

"Apparently a teacher saw you here, called Logan, Logan called your parents, your parents called me." My boyfriend clues me in, and I can pretty much connect who the 'teacher' is by all that. Darcy actually bothered to tell Logan I was here.

I'm sort of sad, but at the same time relieved he chose not to come himself. I don't think I can face him.

All I know is, watching Chandler run down that slope, I still feel like sh1t, but it's joined with something less painful now.

"I'm sorry if I scared you."

"What happened? Why are you here?"

-Chandler's P.O.V.-

Getting the weirdest call from my future in laws, asking me to go look for their daughter which only made me panic, thankful I was given enough details to spot her figure sitting in a lonely manner on a random bench in this tiny park?

Dammit, my hearts still pounding and I don't think it's going to stop until she tells me what's going on, why she looks like she's been drained of all the energy she usually has that makes her life better. Something's off.

"Sage." I insist. "What happened?"

"I made a mistake."

"What do you mean? What mistake?"

"Logan." She says a name I didn't necessarily want to hear, but dismiss myself even though it's fvcking hard to and let a pain of thinking only about her and him go into effect, whatever the heIl is going on, why did it have to be about him? "Chandler, I don't know what to do."

"Sage-" I partially feel a void go off in my throat that doesn't allow me to say anymore.

I just see her eyes lift up and know she's crying.

She's crying.

"I don't know what to do-I don't know what to do!" Her hands go up to cover her face and she breaks down in front of me for a reason I don't understand about a guy I can't tolerate, but it's simultaneous, our actions.