Chapter 50

"You'll both be doing cleaning up today for all of your classroom's and go home late. No further punishment, except make sure you two don't start this again. Ok?" Miss Heist adjusts her glasses when I sit in my seat along with Katelyn after the bell rang 2 minutes ago. "Just tidying up, putting books back and that's it. Clear?"

"Yes ma'am." I push out the acknowledgement before we're both dismissed, a new batch of students coming to fill in our spots while Katelyn lingers for me to join her. Here we go. "Sorry. I should've been more discreet."

"Yeah. You should have."

Aha.

"Look, I-I-uh,"

"Chandler. It's no big deal."

That's what you think. She may know it's not significant between us but-

"Those two." I look up and catch a girl from class pointing my way, her eyes flat out telling me that she just gossiped about Katelyn and I to two other girls beside her giggling before running off when I groan and go my own way for a separate class.

I'd give anything to bump into Sage, apart from the fact that it's been a sh1tty day so far, I really miss her. If I were a puppy my ears would be drooping.

At least there's always lunch. That's just a period away.

I'll eat and sit with her!

No doubt!

____________________

-Sage's P.O.V.-

"So you want to drive me to work and check it out?" Reen's leg crossed stance resumes to paint her nails a nude color while I begin chewing on my bag of pretzels from the vending machine.

She always does something basically other than eating; I wonder how she manages to stay alive.

"Yeah. Oh! Wait. I better not. I drove Chandler here so I should check it out with him. I'm actually finding good use for this. I need to buy him something for his birthday. It's on Tuesday and I need to hurry." I almost flipped when I found out it was that close. "I don't even know what I want to get him, but don't say anything because he thinks I'm only getting the job to fool my mom." I point to her when she shoos away my worries and nods.

"Mm. Yeah. Why'd you drive him here?" She focuses on the next nail.

"He's staying over." I shrug and get another pretzel.

"And you're parents are ok with that? They know you're dating right?"

"They're out of town."

"Excuse me?"

Ahaha...oops.

"They're out of town."

"Meaning you've been alone with your underage boyfriend who looks like he's innocent but not?" She sets down her stuff. "Have you been humping?"

"No!! Do-" Oh jeez. "Do you always have to say it so...weirdly?"

"Fine. Have you been fvcking all night or something?"

"That's none of your business."

"He doesn't look that strong so I doubt he'd make a limp but I bet I could catch something." She begins to tease and laugh when I slam my head into the table. "I'm kidding. But if you two haven't had sex, that's kinda weird."