Chapter 69

"You know, maybe it won't even take that long. I know some artists who create a track using a few sounds and boom."

"Well this friend of mine is pretty trustworthy and talented. We'll see what he can do. I texted him already that I need a favor and he's happy to help."

"Mom already booked my flight for later today so I will have like 6 hours until then." I check my cell to make sure I've got the right amount of time when my eyes also take into account that Chandler hasn't texted me or anything since that phone call.

Is that because he's pissed or...what?

I should send him a text but is that even right? Should he send one first or me?

Oh fvck that rule sh1t, I'll send one.

At least I need to tell him I landed safely, have my stuff in my bag and looking through the city for now through a car window since it won't be long till we reach Logan's college.

More or less this is just like in the movies. It's sure an upgrade in population than Vernon Oaks but it's really packed and crazy because of it. Maybe I could learn to like it, maybe not, but right now I'm just concerned about getting the music finished.

I seriously can't believe I'm doing this. Seriously can't believe this is happening.

In all realness, gosh I hope I'm not being a brat by pushing Logan to help me out. It's so rude I feel really embarrassed now but on the other hand, it's for Chandler and that sort of helps me feel better in all.

I just don't want to pull some random person into this situation. I'm gonna offer to pay though, always intended to actually.

"If he doesn't have it finished today, do you think he could just email the file to me later so I can put it on a USB to give to Chandler?" That seems like something that could work out.

"I'm sure he'd be able to do that. Really though, this guy's pretty great. I don't think you'll be leaving without something to show for it in your hands. Just make sure you don't lose the cover afterwards and it's all set." Logan reassures me which just now made me realize he's been 100% normal in comparison to the odd chill lately.

It's mainly around school that he's been a bit distant. Am I a bad student or something? Not wanting to show favoritism?

I'd like that to be it.

Anything but him thinking I at one point struggled with seeing him as something more than a childhood friend.

Boy was that confusing.

And ill conceived on my part.

I don't know why I got so flustered back then. Seriously, it's just Logan, now and forever.

"Here we are." My best friend alerts me to the cab pulling up towards a curb with some circular stones placed every several yards on some patterned concrete that helped gate in a very public looking campus with many different stories, which are mainly exhibited by glass windows and twinned alongside a few other buildings that seem to adjoin the entire school into one.

Dozens upon dozens of people are either coming in, walking out, or passing by, a few with back packs on, other's with no earthly care in the world concerning this place of education.