Chapter 29

"They're a little big." Chandler holds onto dad's boxers, scrunching up some of the waistband to keep it from falling off of his figure while I blush at how adorable he is.

I didn't know he could ever be this cute. He wasn't like this when he was 12. He was sorta cute but not like anything more than he was just funny or stubborn. Even childish.

"Oh well, one second." I put down the tray of food mom fixed up for him while he awkwardly stands in my bathroom after we spent a couple of ages in the tub. I'm actually surprised I wasn't all that embarrassed about it. "I'll get you a pin."

"Is that for me?" His deep voice emerges with the rest of his body in the doorway when I find a perfect tool to secure the underwear dad lent him. I just changed into my pajamas, a simple t-shirt and really loose pants with clouds on them that have been my best friend ever since I purchased them.

"Yeah. Pot Roast and bread. You need to eat." Looking at him right now, he's so slim it's scary. At least his waist. And his profile after towel drying some of his hair really makes him seem unbelievably new. "Here." I get up from my bottom drawer and use my knees to stand up on while taking the material he has in his hands that he lets fall to the side while I'm literally face to face with his tattoo and v-line.

Sh1t, this is kinda awkward.

His skin is vaguely emitting some heat and it's so pale and looks so soft.

Regardless, whatever, one fold to pin it has me at least a little pre-occupied.

"Is that tight enough?" I look up and see his entire face burning a hot red while looking anywhere but my face. "Chandler?"

"Yeah. That's fine."

Is he squirming?

"You know I could have done it myself."

"I know." I brush him off and secure the boxers so they at least hug his hips and won't fall down to his ankles. "But tell me something I don't know." I stand up and look down to his eyes even though they're avoiding me. "Why were you out there?" He's not stable in common sense it seems. What I just heard downstairs...dad saying he had mental problems?

What'd he mean? Like, actual problems that would get him in a home or...just things like this?

"Aha. I dunno." He shyly scoots by me to grab hold of the most unisex or at least guy clothes I have for him. A pair of my black pajama pants that might be too long for his legs and a pick of a lengthy sleeved Georgia Bull Dog shirt as well as a loose royal blue college shirt dad used to wear from his studying days.

I'm more or less happy he chooses the royal blue with short sleeves because it's so big and looks so alluring on him while he dresses in front of me.

I guess I should be more nervous but right now I'm a bit distracted by him and what dad just argued with mom about. After they talked about that they were quiet for so long I thought they knew I was there so I just finished up and got Chandler something to eat.

I see Chandler as my boyfriend a lot more right now as opposed to yesterday but it doesn't stop that I still identify him as a kid.

Still, he put the pants on first and then the shirt.

As a girl I'd put on the shirt first and then the pants.

He really is a guy.