Chapter 45

"You probably go insane with a nigga like me, let's just party till we can't, ain't no lovin' me, and I'm the one to blame, ain't no lovin' me, So don't come lookin for love, No love, no love, no love, no love."

Hm?

Music?

Is that music or am I dreaming?

"Mm!" I feel a quick stretch go over my body and remember where I am, Sage's bed unbelievably soft and cozy and perfect when I nuzzle my face where her body should be but I find I'm waking up to an empty space. "Sage?" I push up and look towards the bathroom with sunlight coming in through all the windows making me reach for my cell phone on my side and rub my eyes at the sight of 1:16 decorating part of the screen.

1:16 p.m in the afternoon?

Well that's been a while.

Then again we did go to sleep late as fvck.

Mm, maybe one day it'll be lack of sleep to due bounty of sex.

"Ah." I let my head fall back onto her pillow, which is just awesome, where does she get these things? She always has such chill things.

"Don't come lookin' for love." My ears perk up at the sound of the poppy R&B goin' on downstairs which is most likely where Sage is gonna be. I bet she just woke up a little while ago too. Well, it'd be flat out douchy of me to leave her all alone.

Just a quick trip to wash my face and use the bathroom as well as tidy up helps me come out into the hall, my hair lazily pulled back as I travel in my bare feet towards her stairs, the carpet soft under my toes as the stereo system in the living room lightly booms out a sweet tune, one I recognize and is pretty lively except it's not enough to drown out Sage taking on the female part, her voice becoming more and more impressive every time I hear it.

Until she raps. Obviously that's not for her, even though she sounds more cute than terrible at it.

Hair slightly wavy, down, long, soft blonde, her tank replaced with a light blue t-shirt with the pants the same as last night and her feet that I want to kiss while I tilt my head to check out her as$, my eyebrow rising at the fact I can see her shape even if she's wearing loose clothes. Too bad she's not dancing.

Hm. Something smells good too.

"Hey!" My eyes brighten up when Sage turns around and smiles on visual contact with me, a tray of grilled bread in her palms that she sets down at the table in the midst of some food to compile what I'm guessing will be one heIl of a breakfast sandwich. "I was just about to wake you up." She turns down the volume with her pinky finger since the rest are dirty and leaves the remote on the back of the couch. "You sleep ok?" She waits.

I don't know why, I just have my face turned to her and nothing's coming out of my mouth. I'm just staring.

The blush on her cheeks, most likely competing with mine, it makes me happy.

"Chandler?" She lightly rests her hand on my chest when I tug her by the shirt and bury the side of my face on her shoulder so I can collect myself enough to speak without breaking my voice. It doesn't take too long for her to hold me back and cradle my head in her palm before kissing me on the temple 2 times.

One quick. The second long to seal her intentions.

"You smell nice." I shut my eyes.