Chapter 60

"Sorry." I scratch my head and lick my lips as Chandler recuperates from how moody I've been. Now that I've calmed down, I should've guessed it'd be something like this. I'm just not equipped to handle covert missions.

"I didn't like that store anyway." He tries to lighten the mood.

Oh sheesh.

"We were banned from ever coming back." I side glance. "I'm sorry I threw the first plushy."

"Yeah, I wondered why you did that. Sorry I threw one back."

"Don't be. Your aim was very impressive."

"You too." He leans reverse at the fountain, looking up and rolling his foot on his heel from side to side while we just sit here and deal with our shame of starting to throw store objects at each other because I was getting so fvcking frustrated.

"So, we both get a surprise on Friday, and I promise to see you today, and end up ruining it." I laugh at myself, feeling just pathetic and embarrassed before Chan leans near to look at me, giving me a sympathetic smile that I hardly return, just to lose eye contact and watch him get up to travel a few yards.

I can see he's going to a stand but I'm just too stressed to keep my eyes on him that I take now to sigh and lecture myself with a growl.

What the fvck Sage?

How unstable are you? Was that another tantrum? I doubt it, I'm not gonna turn that into something it wasn't.

For sure, all that was, was me hating the fact that everything today has gone wrong.

Maybe we should just go home.

"Well, at least the ice cream dude didn't ban me." Chan's perfect voice pops up with his shoes when I look to spot a beautiful fluffy chocolate cone swirled up with that little curled tip everybody loves on their desserts, my boyfriend holding his own vanilla with sprinkles up to his lips waiting for me to take mine.

The cold temperature is already on my fingertips by the time he sits back down beside me, this time closer.

"Ice cream."

"It's so good." He cheeses at me. "Everybody loves ice cream."

"I'm sure there are some people who don't." I state when he looks my way, waiting for me to take a taste which I do, a good deal, that first flavor of soft chocolate spreading everywhere. Oh... "Mm! And those people are nuts!" I hold my cheeks and brighten right up.

"That's my girl!" Chan laughs. "I hate seeing you depressed. I knew Ice Cream would help." He proudly licks at his while I become addicted to mine. "If anything, I'm glad you're eating something. Plus, even if it breaks your diet, it'll put weight on you."

"Don't worry so much, please, I'm ok."

"This?" Chandler turns to push his fingertip along my collar bone, gently, back and forth. "This is not ok. You're turning into a skeleton. Try to eat more, please?"

"You know, whenever you baby me like this, worry about me, I think I used to find it kind of cute, and I still do, but I feel more, love struck I suppose. I feel protected and basically all that." I actually said that.

I know we've been dating for a good little while and by now we should be close enough to admit that stuff, but it always seems like some new stage has been passed over on us. It's getting much easier though.