Chapter 7

"Well it's too late to duck and cover." I sigh, knowing that Sage has already spotted me, the slight surprise on her face fading fast while my attempt to face this like the jerk I am pushes me forward while Coach Rob checks something off his clip board, speaking to the girl I've hurt before blowing his whistle for the rest to follow.

               I don't know what Sage is doing here. If she's come just to find and skin me then I doubt she'd have changed her clothes. So what gives?

               Oh sh1t. I hope I didn't let her see my tattoo. She'd probably murder me.

               "Dude, that chick is glaring at you." Trey, my apparently new friend, taps my shoulder while I try to stay at least a small crowd of freshman away from her. Standing in the back and avoiding eye contact is pretty much all I can manage right now.

               Man, I'm such a pussy. But the Sage I know isn't against strangling someone for doing wrong deeds, and if she's found out what I think she's found out, then my life is as good as over.

               "I know."

               "Aw, what the heIl? It's only the first day. We don't need curve balls." Trey stretches his arm while I lick my lips and nervously smile at Sage before she scoffs and looks away.

               Ohhhh goodness.

-Sage's P.O.V.-

               I'd thought that sooner or later I'd run into him, but I didn't know my luck would get this good that I'd be his Co-Coach in gym.

               Gosh! Is he hiding?! That little as$hole should be hiding. He knows he can't escape but none-the-less, he can at least do himself a favor and shield my eyes from his lying face.

               Damm.

               I'm fvcking him over? That is what he said on the drive home when I thought we made some sort of break through to at least remember that we were best friends once.

               That is unbelievable.

               I give him my phone, and the text he sent to Joshua...

               "Everything between us was a flat out mistake. I don't love you, never have, never will. My greatest regret was letting it get to the point where we had our joke of a first time. Let's both admit it. It was over the second you said you loved me. This is over. 9 months wasn't even meant to be. I'm sorry. Goodbye Joshua."

               He even kept intact the vague idea that it was my mentality texting out that fvcking message. First off though, if I were to crush someone who said I was their whole world, I would do it in person! Joshua deserved more than this.

               So much more.

               "All right everybody. Change up this year for you newbs. There's gonna be, from here on out, an extra coach to give me a hand since there are more of you than usual. My schedules going to be a bit tight here and there, so sometimes I won't be here."

               Really? I'll be on my own? I didn't even think that'd be a possibility.

               "This is Sage Andrews. Senior. Treat her like you'd treat me, then double that respect." Coach Rob jokes. "I know some of you are going to get rough this year, I can already tell by you tough builds, but don't think that just because she's not an official employee of the school that you can treat her just like an older student. In this classroom she has pretty much every power I have." I watch my mentor cross his arms then turn to look at me. "On the other hand Sage, I'll trust you not to undermine me and not to terrorize these kids out in the halls. Only in this classroom are you a top dog." He smiles and I force one back.