Chapter 68

"Oh noooo!!" I grab hold of my chest before falling backwards to land on the sofa cushions. "Turn it ooofff!!"

"It sounds nice." Dad lies his as$ off just to fvck with me sitting in the living room listening to damm awful Justin Bieber Christmas CD music dad bought at the store.

"Evil. You're pure evil." I squint my eyes, pointing my finger his way until I perk up at the sound of Sage coming downstairs, her fingers finishing up clicking the jumpers together when I smile at how cute she looks, grab my hat and hurry to stand beside her after a quick kiss. "Damm Sage." My eyes flat out appreciate seeing her match outfits with me, her cut as$ pose pushing both dad and me to laugh. "One more thing."

"Of course." We face each other and Sage follows my lead to put the hats on our heads, hers on me and mine on hers, the difference not even noticeable.

It's like we both read minds too since our actions go simultaneously to place our caps backwards.

"Damm you two. Hold up, let me instagram this!" My old man goes to get his cell out of the kitchen so I can have some more time alone with my girlfriend and look her over in the outfit I bought, hugging her waist in my arms while she does the same, soon deciding to mess with my hair, pulling it through the opening at the back of the hat.

Which makes me look like a late 80's dude.

"Your bangs are so long."

"Yeah. I'm probably gonna have to get it cut soon."

"Gonna miss it?"

"Eh." I shrug. "Can you tuck it back under?" My smile comes to the surface pretty close lipped since she's babying me by brushing my hair back under the material. My face is more exposed now I'm free to notice her clothes tags are still on which looks tacky to me so without thinking twice I twirl it around my finger and yank at them to pick away the remaining plastic strings.

"What was that?"

"Just the tags." I lift them so she can see my proof; tossing them with my spider leg fingers that I'm becoming more grateful for day after day.

"Oh. It usually takes me like two tugs or something to get those off." She observes when I think about that for a moment.

"You seem a little surprised." Is it so weird to be able to tug off plastic tags? "You seriously still shocked I'm a guy? Like a real guy?" Not some fake copy of a teenage male but an actual fvcking guy that's now been 16 for basically a month!

"Not exactly-ish. Just little things like that I notice." She pokes fun and leans in to whisper something in my ear. "You're becoming more masculine all the time. You're catching up to me." My body becomes temporarily insecure at the idea of her noticing me developing in not just character, but physically, filling out, having a natural heir of maturity in my own way.

I think I also got a few centimeters taller. I'll have to check later since I'm only ever comparing myself to Sage's height but since we're always together, things like that are hard to tell.

I do know the more we pass days in each other's company and the steadier time goes on, she begins to look more and more like a girlfriend to people in general, and I begin to look more and more like a reliable boyfriend anybody could take seriously.