Chapter 10

"You're home already?" My dad looks up from his plate, helping himself to extra dessert while looking over the newspaper, and I wait a minute to show him my face in the kitchen light so he won't ask any other questions.

               "Yeah. Class was canceled." I mumble. "It was a stupid idea anyway."

               "Do you want an omelet?"

               I couldn't eat anything right now.

               "I want to go to bed. Goodnight."

               "Chandler." I keep my features to myself, hoping that he won't come near me, and when he does get up from his seat, I don't wait for him to say another word.

               My as$ is up those steps and I'm locked in my empty room before he could get within 3 feet of my space. Sprawling myself on the mattress while massaging my temples thinking about Sage, I'm getting a headache about how tired her eyes looked. Like she's really already had enough of me.

               Those gorgeous windows to her soul, the soul that I want to take care of...

               She rejected me.

               Of course she did.

               "Fvcking idiot aren't you?"

-Sage's P.O.V.-

____________

               "Please Sage." I catch Chandler's blue eyes, everything about them dreaded with a plea for me to understand, the brightness I remember once loving so much, wavering with uncertainty now before he tried once more, not forcing himself like he did a minute ago, but waiting for me to accept it...his kiss for me.

               Inches diminished, and his eyes soon shut thinking he could touch me in absolute intimacy, but I couldn't.

               "Enough Chandler." I turned my head prior to pushing him away, keeping his hands off of me while I stood and saw him settle like a defeated player on his back, his forearm hiding his eyes while I tried to understand what he was doing just now. "I really hate this! Whatever you're doing! This is ridiculous! Why would you say those things?!"

               "Because you have to hear them!" He gets up, that brown hair shuffling around and I turn to face him while he stands before me. "It's the truth. I can't help how I feel."

               "You're just being-"

               "A Las Vegas brat? A kid? I'm not a kid. Look at me!" He extends his arms. "I'm not 12 anymore! I'm nearly 16!"

               "I'm practically 18! If you're going to lie and just be creepy like this than you should wait a while before jumping into some sh1t like so." I turn around, only to feel a hand pull at my wrist, and it scares me.

               The feeling of Chandler who was just all over me, who nearly touched me in a way that not even Joshua touched me in scares the absolute heIl out of me that I do anything to get him away.

               "Sage, y-"

               "Let go!" I turn around only to shove him as far as possible, his chest unlike Joshua's, unlike his younger self, unlike anyone else's I know, that I don't know what this all means. "I don't want to be friends with you Chandler. So leave me alone." I mumble a curse under my breath, staring at the ground just to avoid his eyes.