Chapter 62

"You're lagging." Chandler turns the timer to face me when I immediately sigh at myself for being slow today. "Did you get enough sleep last night?"

"Plenty." Though truthfully I was up a few hours late jotting down ideas and looking up items for Chandler's birthday. I have a basic clue and I was so excited, I'm not sure I got as much sleep as I should've.

"How about food? Did you eat anything?"

"Yeah. A bowl of cereal. It was the closest thing to something healthy I could find though so I didn't have too much."

"Well then you've gotta go to the store and buy some groceries. I won't take you starving." Chandler warns me while we walk towards the showers, both of us all alone in the gym like usual during lunch hour. "Got it?" He pushes.

"Yeah, seriously, stop worrying. I'm fine. Gosh, you'd think I was on life support or medication the way you bug me."

"You'd think a girl who got straight A's and lectures me all the time would know better than to fvck up her diet." He takes a shot when I scoff and ignore him. "I'm not kidding Sage."

"Jeez, relax Chandler." I turn to him when he just eyes me like I'm pissing him off.

He is so weird, I mean, wow.

Just when I forget how bizarre he can be, boom. Back to the Chandler who greeted me with groping my breasts.

"Sage, do you know what Anemia is?"

"Oh my gosh, I'm not gonna Anemia." My head falls back as I laugh.

"Because I won't let you. If you don't get the proper vitamins and iron, you'll get sick, and if you don't treat yourself then you'll get even sicker. I'm not gonna let that happen." His face moves a tiny bit when I make damm sure I keep my eyes on his determined ones.

"Chan, I'm not gonna get sick."

"It doesn't take much. After dad and mom divorced he went downhill for a bit and stopped eating. You're getting closer and closer to that all the time." Chandler fills me in on how I'm spiraling, apparently, but I'm too mind blown that he just brought up his mom without me having to fish for information and deal with him getting touchy and awkward about it process his message.

It's actually making it a little hard to think of what to say.

"Well, ok. I'll buy some stuff for me to eat later at work."

"Thank you." His brows rise. "Still, you should eat now."

"Uh-"

"Forget your diet for one day? You have months to get in shape and honestly, you need to put on some weight, you're disappearing." He looks me over when I have to take a stare myself.

"Am I?"

"You never gained back that weight from when we broke up." Chandler's palm smoothes down a bit on my stomach before stopping just above my naval under the large white shirt that sort of hangs on me, only lifting when it comes to my chest area. "Were you that upset that you didn't even eat?"

"Well," I think a bit. True I didn't eat but I don't feel like telling him that. He'll always worry about it so if he doesn't know, he won't have to stress about it himself, now or ever. "It's more like, I was working alot. I mean, alot. I guess the weight just dropped."