Chapter 58

Not a very long chapter but it dismisses a lot of current problems well enough.

___________________________

                "Sage. You haven't eaten all night, open the door. If you want we won't talk about it. Just, calm down." Mom's voice reaches to where I sit, huddled and thinking while trying to figure out what the heIl came over me.

It's almost 1 but I can't sleep.

I'm only thinking about Chandler and how I snapped earlier.

Was that me? I don't know.

Bet Chandler would be proud of me though, ha.

Speaking of Chandler, that's his ring tone.

"I don't mind, don't mind if everybody's far behind, Don't care if they can't understand the way, that you and I just wanna be next to each other every day-" The sound partially brings me back to life.

"Chandler?" I hurry up and answer, wondering if he's possibly talking from a hospital bed or something. I don't know what to expect. He left here so rattled and pale, if that's possible, he's already white as a sheet sometimes.

"Sage, are you ok? You haven't replied or-"

"I'm fine; of course I'm fine, what about you?"

"Same. Or well, sorta."

"What does sort of mean?" I shift on the floor and concentrate on his definition. "Did something happen?"

"Yeah? Your dad attacked my dad? I nearly had a panic attack leaving you."

"You're ok now though right? Like, where are you?"

"Home." He keeps me calm. "I'm fine. Honest. I settled down in the car but, I'm still really upset."

"I'm sorry." I run my hand through my hair. "I didn't think he'd do that, I don't even know what the heIl happened."

"They didn't tell you?"

"No. I didn't give them much chance." I laugh a little. "Why, did your dad tell you?"

"Yeah, I made him." Chan chuckles through the phone, sighing like he's shifting to relax on his bed or something similar. "You should talk to your mom about it."

"That won't be happening any time soon." I finally get up, the face staring back at me through the mirror a bit chilling since I look so tired for some reason. Have I always had those dark circles under my eyes?

I know I'm working night shifts but that doesn't seem like a problem until now.

"Are they that pissed with us?"

"I don't think that matters." My thoughts mull over what to say. "Chandler, I had an emotional breakdown." I confess with an ironic smile on my face, shrugging at my reflection since hey, truth is truth.

I had an emotional breakdown.

Wow.

"How do you mean?" His voice becomes strained with concern and caution. "What happened?"