Chapter 42

"I don't know what to do with you." Izzy pauses when I exhale and massage my eyes after the tears have dried up. "You're a nice guy."

"Oh what a thing to say." Sam, my favorite character in this movie winces at the words. "I'm wounded. I'm bleeding."

"It's true." This poor, empty woman pushes off the fridge and wanders closer to the guy that's been in love with her ever since he saw her picture, she's just been too stubborn and status worried to just give in. Nothing like my situation but for some reason I'm just aching. "Maybe I just can't handle that."

"Maybe if I abused you, knocked you around a little, I'd have a better chance, huh?" Sam sighs. "Maybe if I were married."

I can't say he's not due some frustration release, it's all fair.

If I were to put myself and life into this situation, that would be Chandler saying he might marry Reen. Then again, he suits the self-absorbed writer more.

"That's what I'll do, I'll marry your friend Marylin, then everybody will be happy. Maybe if I were a mediocre writer, sitting around listening to praise like other mediocre writers-"

"Alright." Izzy walks away, obviously having enough of the entire situation when Sam holds her up and gently but desperately leads her against the wall, Bubby still sleeping on the couch since long before Izzy got there, poor old lady.

"Hey, I really bought this." My eyes study Sam's suit that the matchmaker who introduced these two people suggested for him to buy. All this a declaration that he's crazy for her. Absolutely nuts. Ugh, I'm so alone. "I thought well, this is-this is really gonna be great! This is what I've been waiting for." He strains the importance while I'm just here welling up again, dammit. "You don't know how nuts I was about tonight. I was off the ground, nobody could talk to me, I made wrong change all day. I was so happy I was gonna see you tonight I made a special berakhah for the occasion. I said the prayer for the planting of new trees. Don't ask me why."

"Because you love her." I shrug and hold onto my couch pillow when Izzy slowly shakes her head, looking down and sighing like she's going to give up one more time when Sam just cuts through the restraints and goes in to kiss her like he's been wanting to all along. One quick little kiss to bring her eyes back to his before he finishes his thoughts.

"How should I talk to Isabelle?"

"Mnnn." I cry out.

That was all it took to earn him at long last a kiss she initiates.

I should be watching action packed movies, training, doing anything and everything I can to get my mind off of love but no matter what, I just had to stick in 'Crossing Delancey' because it's Saturday, it's 10:00 a.m. and even though it's early, and basically winter if not, there's been more rain just falling out of the skies minus the thunder and lightning, everything dim and drab.

I must've listened to at least 30 songs that either reflected my insecurities and heart ache or songs that in no way had any relation to my situation, but felt right to stream it throughout the house without disturbing any neighbors.

Poor Logan got swamped with some papers to go through so he won't be dropping off groceries today which is fine because, ha, it's not like I have a shortage or anything. Eh, I'm not really in the mood to cook though and...well, cereal?