Chapter 40

"You should take this." Dad puts the medicine cup down on my nightstand, the flavor not something I'm looking forward to but sit up to down it anyway.

I'm not a baby and this won't kill me or anything but meds always make me cringe.

"Thanks. Sorry dad, about this." Maybe next time I want to be dramatic I'll choose a place a little lest nature themed.

"It's fine." He lifts his hand a brief second before thinking. "Chandler, I just want you to get better. I thought moving back here would help with that."

"It would've." I reassure him a little. "Vegas and every other place was killing me, but Sage was here dad. That threw everything off." I didn't really except her to be here or not, but when it was obvious she was here...that sort of screwed with me.

"Hm." He pats my back when I make a sound of grossed out standards, ugh, hate medicine. "Haha, did you and Sage have a problem or something?"

Oh boy.

"Sort of." I smile with my nose stuffed and eyes watery while dad waits for me to finish. "Bad actually. Really bad. As in, she won't be around me anymore."

I'm...going to be miserable.

This state is just a reflection of that.

"That's obviously not true, son. She was pretty eager to see you last night."

And to that I feel my comprehension capabilities drop even more.

I'm sick but I'm not that sick.

"Last night?" I speak with my voice all weird and body slumped over like a slob. "What about last night?"

"Sage called me a little after school let out asking if we wanted anything from town. Cheddars and some medicine from Rite-Aid." Eh? "Where do you think that soup came from that turned into your dinner?" He grins at me when I let my jaw open for a second.

Uhhhhh...

"I...had soup last night?"

"You don't remember having soup last night?"

"Are you fvcking with me?" I nearly cough when he shakes his head.

"She came around with some food and asked if she could see you."

Oh sh1t.

"You didn't let her did you?" I feel my eyes squint a bit and fvck, he so did. He so, so did. "Dad!"

"Sage looked pretty concerned. When I told her it was ok to wake you up to feed you, she also said she'd help you take your medicine." I can't breathe...at least not through my nose. "You don't have to look petrified Chandler, she's a good girl," Dad starts to get up to leave. "And mature enough to know that it's not your fault if you wet the bed."

"Ah-" I choke and cough up the rest of my drink at the sound of what the heIl dad just said to me! Wet the bed?! "Da-ahad! Dad!"

"However son, if you insist on asking her to change your diaper, do it without singing the Veggie Tales song ok?"

Mother fvcker!

"Screw you!" I feel the red on my cheeks blaze over every inch of my freaked out face when my arm catapults the pillow towards the door as dad just laughs his as$ off and runs down the hall since he had me believing my fever got so bad I did...really fvcked up things.