Chapter 48

"Did you pack enough? School and home clothes for 3 days, right?"

"Baby, relax, I got enough." Chandler slings the bag over his shoulder while I let us in and turn on the living room lights, tossing my yellow hat and coat towards the couch and leaving the keys on the table just as my phone rings.

"I'm gonna go unpack ok?" Chan points towards the stairs before I smile and nod so he can wink and dart off.

"Hello?" I answer without looking.

"Sage?"

"Oh, hi mom." I chirp and begin to look in the fridge for something to munch on before bed. "What's goin' on?"

"Well nothing much. Just wanted to call you, see if you're ok. Has Logan been keeping an eye on you?"

"Yeah, you don't have to worry." I hold the phone with my shoulder and ear to sniff some cranberry juice that nearly knocks me out.

Well that's not safe. Goin' down the drain, wowza.

"I have to go shopping tomorrow. We are seriously running out of groceries, mom."

"Oh we are? Well use the family card ok?"

"Are you sure? I do have money."

"I know, but you're allowance isn't enough from what I remember."

"Yeah but my job pays pretty well. Especially for overtime." I pull out some cheesecake since I didn't get to have any dessert earlier.

My gosh I forgot we had this.

"What job?"

What job?

Obviously the gymmmmm...oh.

Oh.

Oh no!

"I-I didn't tell you? I got a job!" Fvck!

Ohhh, I'm my own worst enemy sometimes, do I not have a single brain cell working right now?

"Yeah, what job? Where?"

"S-Same place Reen works."

"At a tattoo parlor?" Mom's voice rises out of sheer concern.

Reen works at a tattoo parlor as the desk girl, right! Fvck some more, sh1t!

"I mean, around," I use my hand to circle the air just when Chandler walks in and stops at the sight of me hopping up and down like the floors on fire. "Around where she works." I shake my head at his evil smile since he knows I just put myself on the spot.

Gracious.

-Chandler's P.O.V.-

She just makes this too easy.

Enough so that I have to inhale, widen my eyes and shake my head at her before puffing out some air to ruffle my bangs. Oh Sage, just remember I love you, but I also love messing with you.

"Haaaa!" I loudly fake yawn behind my hand and drag my feet over to the fridge same time I hum whatever pops up in my head.

And now to just stand up without even looking in the fridge before slamming the heIl out of it.