Chapter 46

"Yes?" I turn off the road and keep the windshield wipers going due to the, oh so beautiful snow, all the little flurries.

"Nothing." Chandler's fingers cover his mouth before he looks out the window. "Just, it looks a little hot under there."

"Not at all. It's very ventilated."

"Mm-hm." He nods and I smile when I catch his lips quivering because he wants to fvcking laugh his as$ off. "Aaaarrreee, you wearing anything under that?"

"What do you think?" I tease a bit.

"Y-Yeah?"

"Haha." I speed up a little and stare at the sea behind Chandler's head. "Good to know you're not always right." My comment totally just kicked the sh1t out of him given the way his eyes widened and face froze up.

"Righhht, so, wh-ggrrm-where are we going?" His throat clears.

So cute.

"Since you were away, they relocated the terminal to a bigger spot. The old section is up for grabs and conveniently open to the public." I nod towards my boyfriend when he responds with the same gesture. "Lots of teens go there for parties or whatever. We can go there for the landing strips."

"You're just lots of fun, huh?" His deep voice stirs up my happiness while he begins to roll down his window provoking my fingers to put the same motion forward on my side of the car.

Well this sure as heck isn't well advised.

Hat falling back onto the car floor, blonde hair becoming wild in slim groups, Chandler's ruffling fast with the cold air flowing in.

So cold, yet warm.

"More!" Chandler pushes the button to bring the top down while I inhale the second the sunlight begins to shine itself down into our space.

My hair's crazy so it's obviously going to get tangled, same with Chan's, and our faces seem molded to just smile for the rest of our lives while all the white snowflakes are seemingly swirling passed us, sticking to our cheeks and clothes, tangling themselves whilst holding onto our strands of hair as if they're trying to keep from being blown away by the wind.

Snow and sun at once?

Very nice.

"We're here!" My hand turns the wheel after I slow down a notch, no other cars in sight once I leave the sea behind and turn into an old paved road with trees growing tall, bare of leaves, but gorgeous none the less while snow crunches under my tires leading us farther and farther from the main way.

The gates open like usual, slightly rusted, but it doesn't match the old, nameless, building that still looks well kept even if not new, it's height at most 3 stories and not very big in general, so I can see why they decided to move.

Not a large parking lot, one street lamp, a bunch of nature encircling it but behind the 'terminal' or rather, waiting space, I see like usual, a large garage roomy enough to hold 5 planes that used to take people towards more popular and largely useful terminals.

This really was a small town. When new stores started moving in and occupying the city that sort of mother's Vernon Oaks, of course they had to relocate and get with the beat.