Chapter 25

I love how I said, I'm going to work on Woman Of The Present, and have updated twice since then and am going to work on another The Older We Get chapter.

Smh.

Indecisive woman.

____________________

               "Hey Kait." Josh smiles towards his sibling which she acknowledges but all I feel is her eyes burning into my soul, their similarity to her brother's apparent even though her lashes are lighter due to her hair color being notches softer.

Is she staring at me like that because of him? Josh?

Or maybe not. Josh used to say that she was a bit intimidating because she's so level headed. Still, her attention towards me is giving me self esteem issues.

I feel like one move and this pupil I share with Coach Rob will leap towards me to dig out my heart.

"Hey Joshua." She replies.

She says his full name?

How...formal.

"How do you know Chandler?" My ex looks towards the two young teens relaxing in their manner, acting cool.

Both of them, come to think of it, are rather similar in the fact that they're irregular to their age group and laid back, even if it's different senses. Then again, maybe they're exactly right for their age group. Chandler's proven how immature he can be even if it's in a very aware way.

That's sort of strange though that he would pay attention to me, a girl that's 3 years older than him and has her life in a scattered mess instead of a girl his age that seems to be totally calm, cool, collected and on top of that she's pretty. I bet she even has a girly side that's not a forced element.

And why am I thinking about this?

The more I think about it the closer those two seem to look. How much space is between them?

That doesn't even look like it reaches 5 inches!

"In my class. Duh bro."

And she's hip!?

"Riiiigght." Josh lets out a weird tone, examining them both. "Well come into lunch and spend some time with me ok?"

"Sure. I want to talk to Boyce about that game I lent him."

Boyce? As in Boyce in our class?

She lent him a game?

She's a gamer?

Fvck! Why am I letting this get to me!? Shut up Sage!

"See ya. And remember to tell me about yesterday later." She coolly model walks after pointing to Chandler, even though it's nothing like a runway presentation strut, and disappears into the cafeteria to get in line with Josh while I'm left out here with the boy who was outside with me not long before.

Yesterday?

Does she mean him nearly drowning?

"Sage?" His deep voice almost makes me squeak because I feel like he can tell what I'm thinking. His hair's still really damp and he must've been diligent in cleaning up. I can smell him from 2 feet away to the point I feel like I'm in the showers.