Chapter 19: The best party

Mia's POV:

That was the best party ever. It was the best. I mean, I was with a bunch of family. My mom and dad are in England, right now so they couldn't come. Me and Justin are getting ready for bed. Justin's all ready. " Babe, you coming?," he asks me. " Yeah, just give me a few minutes," I tell him. I go downstairs and grab a glass of water. I sip it. I hear my phone ring.  " Hello?," I answer. " Hello, Mia?," the voice answers back. It's my mom. She sounds scared and worried. " Mom, is everything okay?," I ask. " Mia, I have to tell you something," she tells me. I start to breathe hard and I ask, " What is it mom?" " Well.." I hear tears. " Mom," I say scared now. " I don't know how to tell you this. But, I have cancer," she says. I grow silent. Justin walks down the stairs. He sees me on the phone. " Cancer?," he repeats from my mom. "Mom, when did this happen?," I ask. " Well, sweetheart. I had it for at least three months. Since I came to London. I just couldn't find the right time to tell you," she explains to me.  " Mom, are you gonna be okay?," I ask her with tears in my eyes. " Yes, sweetheart. I promised. I'm not going anywhere. Okay?," she says. " Okay," I reply. " I gotta go sweetheart. I love you," she says. " I love you, too," I say back. I hang up the phone. Tears fall down the face. " Justin, my mom has cancer," I tell him. His face shows that he is shocked. " It's okay Mia. It's okay. I promise," he says. He embraces me and kisses my forehead. I just can't help but think that I'm gonna lose my mom.