Chapter Sixty-Seven.

Liam's P.O.V.

The journey home from Paris was deadly. Meghan is hardly speaking and she didn't sleep at all last night so she looks sleep deprived. I told her to sleep on the plane and the car journeys to and from the airport, but she won't listen to me. We're still in the middle of our little rough patch about the whole engagement thing. I've tried apologizing to her but she doesn't seem to listen. It's like she's in her own world. We picked up Pip from Meghan's mum. She acted normal in front of her mum and as soon as we got back into the car she was silent. I hate silent treatments. They don't fix what needs to be fixed. They just drag it out even longer. I think talking things through is the simple but effective way of doing things. Meghan obviously has different views on that. We got home and Meghan went straight to our room. She came back down a few minutes later in a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie. She clipped Pip on his lead then walked straight out the door. I sighed. I'm baffled as to how long she can go without sleeping. This can't go on much longer. I jogged out the door behind her and caught up with her at the end of the street. "Go away Liam."

"I just want to talk to you."

"Well I don't want to talk to you." That hurt.

"What have I done?" I asked. Meghan stopped walking, making Pip come to a halt too. She glared at me and I braced myself for what was about to come.

"You know how short tempered I am Liam. You made me yell at you in the middle of Paris. I'm sure it's been on Twitter, but I haven't looked. You thought it'd be a great idea to take the piss out of me by proposing, just because I had a stupid fucking dream that it happened." She said, angrily. I was taken aback.

"I wasn't taking the piss Meghan."

"Whatever, I'm done." She started to walk away, but slowly. I followed her again. I put my hand on her arm to stop her. She shook me off.

"What do you mean 'done'?" Meghan looked at me with small tears in her eyes. She's breaking up with me. What am I going to do? I love her. I can't let her go.

"I mean, I think we should take a break for a while." Break. Why did she have to say break?

"So... you're breaking up with me?" By this stage, we had reached a small field. Meghan let Pip off the lead and he was now running after some magpies. Meghan shook her head and my heart lifted.

"I couldn't do that to you again, or myself. I love you too much." I smiled a little but it disappeared as quickly as it had arrived when Meghan wasn't smiling. "Maybe we should just have a while of separation..."

"Nothing major though?" She shook her head again. I couldn't help but pull her into a hug.

Meghan's P.O.V.

I don't know what I just said. I had just told Liam we need to take a break.

Why did I do that? He caught me off guard by pulling me into a hug. I heard him whisper into my hair; "You let me know when you're ready and I'll be there, ok?" I nodded, my head buried in his shoulder. He smelt so good. "And please get some sleep, you look like the walking dead." I couldn't help giggle. I wanted to take back everything I said a few minutes ago, but I knew it was too late. Liam had let go of me and was walking out of the field. I watched him as he walked away, with his hands in his pockets and his head bent down a little, showing him looking at the ground. My heart sank lower and lower with every step he took, almost like he was standing on my heart.

Aimee's P.O.V.

I pushed myself up from Josh's lap. I was at his house, but was now leaving. Everyone has to meet at the 1D house for a "special announcement". Harry had phoned to tell me and it went better than expected. He clearly wanted to speak to me, I could tell by his tone of voice. When I returned to the living room after the call, I had to lie to Josh. I hate doing it but it was for the best. He would hate me if he knew it was Harry. I told him it was Meghan and that's how I ended up on his lap. He walked me over to the front door of his flat. I opened the door and stepped out into the hallway. I looked at the door of Meghan's old flat. "Do you miss Meghan living next to you?" I looked back at Josh who stretched his arms out and reeled me back into his flat. He moved me slowly backwards so that I was leaning on the wall.