Chapter Twenty-Four.

Meghan's P.O.V.

I rolled over on what I thought was the bed but fell off the edge onto the hard wooden floor. "Shit." Now wide awake - and bruised - I realised I was still at the 1D house and we were all still in the living room. Liam was now awake, having felt me fall off him.

"Are you ok?" His morning voice was so sexy I practically died on the spot.

"Yeah... just had a rather painful wakeup call but I'm ok." Liam laughed and helped me up. I sat on his knee and rested my head on his shoulder. We sat in silence, but it was comfortable. All we could hear was everyone's heavy breathing and faint snores coming from Niall. I felt my phone vibrating constantly and realised someone was ringing me. Thankfully it was on silent so the ringtone didn't blast through the room. I looked at the caller and my jaw almost hit the floor.

"Um... I'm gonna take this upstairs." Liam nodded and I slid off his knee and quickly climbed over everyone, making sure to avoid heads and limbs scattered all over the floor. I answered the call. "Mum?'

"Meghan? Oh good. I didn't think I had the right number since you didn't answer." She said.

"I was kind of sleeping." I was very curious as to why she was ringing me at 10:30am.

"Sorry dear." I cringed. Why is she being nice?

"So... why are you calling me?" I pressed on.

"Please don't be rude. I come in peace." I rolled my eyes as I sat down on Liam's bed upstairs. "I've got a few weeks off work and I realised it would be a good idea to spend my time with you. We've barely seen each other in years. I feel like I haven't even been a proper mother to you - and you haven't had much of a father either so I figured it's a sort of must that we do this now rather than later." Mum didn't even need to say anymore. Something just clicked inside me. I wanted to see her. I wanted to have that mother-daughter relationship Aimee has with her mum.

"T-that sounds great." I stumbled.

"Really? I didn't think you would agree so quickly."

"Well, I'm 18 now. I've wised up a lot since we've last seen each other."

"Great! Why don't we start today? How about lunch around... 1?" She suggested.

"That sounds good. Thanks Mum. I'll see you soon." We both hung up. I was finally going to have my mum back in my life. I was finally going to have a normal life. As I was about to walk downstairs, I got a text from mum. At first I was a bit shocked mum actually knew how to text but I smiled and read it anyway.

Mum: I got so excited on the phone I forgot to tell you an important bit of information! I've rented out a holiday home just outside of London, near the seaside. Bring Liam with you & the 3 of us can spend a few days out there if we're going to do this 'making up' thing properly! :) x

Megs!: Will do! See you later! x

I literally ran downstairs. I didn't care who I woke up because I was actually really excited about this. "Liam! Kitchen! Now!" I ran into the kitchen and sat on the bench. Liam followed me in and stood in front of me with his arms around me.

"What's got you so excited?" He smiled up at me.

"This is going to sound so crazy, but me and mum are going to meet up and sort everything out." Liam's mouth fell open. I giggled and closed it by pushing his jaw up.

"Really? That's not crazy at all! I'm really happy for you both." He smiled. I smiled and he leaned up and pecked my lips.

"You didn't let me tell you the best bit. Since she's off work for a few weeks, she's got this holiday home or something and wants me and you to stay there with her for a few days." I smiled.