Chapter Fifty.

Meghan's P.O.V.

Early the next morning, Liam went out to get me some tablets to see if it would help. I knew exactly what was wrong with me though...

I had a small crying session while Liam was out. I soon stopped; I had a feeling that he probably already knew.

Remember when I said, "It was an anniversary to remember"? It definitely was.

I went into the bathroom and tried to sort myself out. I splashed cold water on my face to try and get rid of my puffy eyes. I pulled my hair in a messy bun and lay back down on the bed to wait for Liam coming back. I couldn't sit still. I was really nervous and fidgety. I ended up standing out on the balcony and watching the world go by. Even then, I couldn't stop myself from tapping my nails on the railing. I don't know how long I was out there for, but I soon heard the hotel room door close. I walked into the room to find Liam standing with a bag. I looked into his eyes and he looked into mine.

"I need to tell you something... you first... no you first." We both said at the same time. I couldn't help but giggle. I find it cute when we say the same things.

"Ladies first." Liam smiled. Oh shit...

Liam's P.O.V.

Today was our last day in California. I knew I needed to ask Meghan at some point today before our flight tomorrow morning. I walked along the corridor our room was on. I planned to just walk in and ask her, despite how unromantic it would be. I opened the door and let it swing closed behind me. Meghan walked in from the balcony and stopped and looked me straight in the eye. Did she know what I was going to do?

"I need to tell you something... you first... no you first." Meghan giggled a little. She finds it cute when we do that. I have to admit, I think it is too.

"Ladies first." The colour drained from her face. She sat on the edge of the bed and I didn't hesitate to sit next to her. I turned myself around slightly so I was facing her. I took her hand in mine and gave it a light squeeze and rubbed my thumb along her knuckles, letting her know I was listening.

"I, uh, I think I'm pregnant..." My heart lifted. I was actually really happy. We didn't plan this, but it was like it was meant to happen. "I'm sorry, I-" I cut her off by kissing her.

"I love you Meghan."

"Y-you're not mad?" She said quietly.

"Mad? I'm over the moon!"

"Really?" I nodded and she grinned at me. I pulled her into another kiss. She pulled away rather quickly. "What was it you wanted to tell me?" My stomach knotted. Good things happen in threes right?

1. We had our year anniversary

2. We're going to have a baby

3. She'll hopefully say yes to me

Two down, one to go.

Meghan waved her hands in front of me. I looked at her and smiled.

"Are you going to tell me?" She giggled. I got up off the bed and went over to my suitcase. I reached under all my clothes and pulled out the box. I bent down on one knee and Meghan's mouth made a little 'o' shape. I smiled at her and opened the box.

"Meghan Kingsley, will you marry me?" She broke into a smile and nodded.

"Yes!" She grinned. I sighed with relief. I slipped the ring onto her finger and lifted her up and kissed her. She wrapped her legs around my waist and kissed me back. I've just become the happiest man alive.

Meghan's P.O.V.

I admired the ring that was now on my finger, along with the promise ring. I was so happy. I was about to start a family with Liam. I was going to become Mrs Payne. "Why don't we go out and celebrate? We could go out for a nice lunch?" I smiled and nodded. To be honest, I was in a bit of a daze. I felt like I was living on cloud nine right now.

~

"I say we keep it a secret for now." I said.

"Yeah, but their going to see the ring?"

"Not that, Liam." I put my hand on my stomach and Liam finally caught on. "Its only been what like a day ot two? So its still early days yet... and I mean, we aren't even sure that I definately am yet, so you know." Liam took my hand across the table.

"Don't think like that, babe. Everything's going to be fine." He smiled over at me and my heart lifted.

~

We were back in the hotel room. We decided to just chill here for a while then go down to the beach to watch the sunset later. We were sitting on the bed, him lying down, me sitting up facing him with my legs crossed, our hands linked together. "I can't believe everything thats happened today." I looked at my new ring then over at Liam.

"I know, its crazy." He smiled. I lay down beside him and he wrapped his arms around me.

"What do you think everyone's going to say when they find out?"

"Who knows." He shrugged.

"I'm just scared of what Aimee is going to say..." Liam turned to face me.

"Why? I thought you two made up?"

"We did, it's just... when her and Harry got engaged I lashed out at her and told her I wanted everything to happen to me first - not in a selfish way though, but you know what I mean. So now both things have happened at once and she's going to think I'm the spoilt brat rather that her."

"Don't worry babe, if she's really you're friend she'll not care. You won't be a bridezilla like her, will you?" I shook my head laughing.

"Don't worry, I won't. I just have one request though."

"What's that?"

"We don't rush it. I think we should wait until we have the baby before we get married." Liam nodded in agreement. We continued to talk for ages, until we noticed the sun was starting to set.

"Come on, we're going to miss it!" Liam said. I quickly slipped on my flip flops and we literally ran out the door. We sat down on the sand and watched the sun slowly setting behind the horizon. Once it was fully gone, I lay back on the sand. It was starting to get cooler since the sun wasn't keeping it warm.

"I could stay here forever." I sighed.

"I could too. Maybe we could move here when we all retire and the kids have left home." I sat up again.

"Wow, kids? As in plural? Lets just have this one first then we'll see." I said, seriously. Liam laughed and stood up. He held out his hand and helped me up as well. We walked back up to the hotel, hand in hand.

Life's good.