Chapter Forty-Two.

Meghan's P.O.V.

After a long week of being bed-ridden in the hospital, I was allowed to go home. Liam had to go back over to France with the boys so Mum was bringing me home. I was still very weak but they said that was normal.

I got home and went straight to bed. I have to rest up for 5 more weeks so I might as well get started now since the journey home almost killed me. Mum had to go back to work so she didn't stay very long. She brought Pip home too, since she was looking after him while I was in hospital. I lay in bed with the TV on in the background and Pip beside me in bed.

The fans still don't know Aimee and Harry are engaged. I still can't believe it myself. In a way I wished it were me and Liam getting married first. I always hoped we would be the first of the group, but I'm happy for them. I admired the promise ring Liam gave me. I twisted it around my finger and imagined the day I walk down the aisle to meet Liam at the bottom. I smiled to myself as my phone started blowing up with messages.

Li<3: Hey babe, hope you got home safe & have a good rest! :) Miss you loads, see you soon :) xxx <3

Curls: Heard you were home today, get well soon! :) x

Aimz: This took longer to type out because of the massive ROCK ON MY FINGER! :D:D P.S. Get better soon! x

Zayn!: Hey Megs! Have a nice few weeks in bed! Wish I could join you! ... That sounds wrong... you know what I mean... :) xx

Nialler: Louis told me to include him in this message... get well soon! Can't wait to see you! N+L x

I smiled to myself as I read the messages from all my best friends. I couldn't be bothered replying to them all right now. I'm sure they'll understand. I flipped through the TV channels to find something decent to watch. Nothing. I muted the TV and sunk down into my pillows. I felt myself drift off to sleep.

~

I had the nice company of Josh later in the afternoon. We talked for hours, having a massive catch up on everything since I moved into this house. He made me a nice turkey and ham sandwich and brought me some magazines and my Harry Potter and the Philosopher Stone book - I've decided to read the series for the 8261945 time. "I better get going; I have other people to visit." He smiled.

"Thanks for coming round. You're a life saver." He laughed as he gave me a quick hug and I kissed his cheek. He waved before walking out of my room, closing the door behind me. I heard the front door close again a few minutes later, indicating I was all alone once more. I sighed and opened up my book. This is going to be a looong 5 weeks.

Aimee's P.O.V.

I woke up for another day in the studio. It was only for a few hours though as Simon wants me to actually get out and perform today. I'm bricking it. I'm going to be performing at a restaurant in front of about 100 people. It's not too bad, and I'm not singing my own songs, I'm doing a set of covers so it should go smoothly... I hope.

~

I had just finished another song by the time I had to leave to go to the restaurant. I arrived and was quickly shipped off to a room in the back of the restaurant to get ready. I waited around for about half an hour while everyone was being seated and served their meal. My nerves started building up and up every minute. Eventually, I was handed a microphone and I stood off to the side of the stage as I was being announced by the manager of the restaurant.

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. Thank you for coming tonight and I hope you enjoy your meal, but I hope you enjoy your entertainment even more. She's been working hard on her debut album but tonight she's going to do some covers for us. Please welcome, all the way from London, Miss Aimee Jones!" He announced. My stomach knotted. It wasn't for much longer I was going to be called 'Jones'. I took a deep breath and stepped into the spot light. The crowd clapped for me which was always a good sign.