The Royal Thrive - Chapter 23 - Declaration of Solipsism

Nathan's POV

Another knock on the door. Don't they just fucking get it?! I don't want to see anyone. 

"Get lost! I said I don't want to be disturbed!" 

Ever since coming back to the palace three weeks ago, the place where I've been dreaming to come back suddenly seems so strange. Everything still looks the same however it's all changed on the inside, even the blind can tell everything has changed. Those who say it hasn't is just simply fooling themselves, and I am one of those fools. It is obvious father is being imprisoned by mother, if I'm right she's been giving him small doses of silver making him weaker day by day. It is for your sake - she says. 

Kicking my legs I land on my soft kingsized mattress with my arms stretched behind me, with the coronation holding tomorrow, everyone in the palace has been preparing for it. Tomorrow will be the day I'll receive the title of Crown Prince - I'll be Crown Prince Nathan. It has a nice ring to it. However, being stuck with that bitch for the rest of my life is something I'm not looking forward to. Everyone including Noah thought I was just dissatisfied with this mate of mine, don't get me wrong she's beautiful however even if it's the most beautiful flower on earth if it's filled with poison you wouldn't' go near it. I no longer hold a grudge against her for what she did, or anyone who got involved. The only person who I have grudge against is myself, and every time I look at Anna I just remember how pathetic I was. Using arrogance to cover up my weakness I rather look bad than look weak, but I won't deny that Raine Avery did break my walls and guard down at one point. There's something about that girl and I just can't quite put my finger on it - but then again I'm happy she's Noah's mate since this time Noah finally has someone who can look after him. 

The pair of them probably won't return to the palace anymore, and certainly not after the coronation tomorrow. They can be a couple which I couldn't be, in fact I'm pretty sure Raine has cursed me for leaving them behind in the middle of a crisis. I didn't have a choice though, if I had stayed I would've endangered them even more.

Flashback

"I command you to stop now!" Yelling at the royal wolves they all just stare at me - I'm the prince they should listen to my orders not hers! "Tell them to retreat now" Growling at my mate she only looks back at me blankly. 

"The Queen, or shall I say your mother requests you to return back to the palace" 

"Who do you think you're talking to?" Standing just inches away from her my anger covered up my desire for her, in our eyes there is no affection for each other. My wolf has gotten used to me not even wanting her a long time ago. With a smirk on her face it strikes the final nerve, she honestly thinks because mother favours her now she has the upper hand. Automatically I grab onto one of her shoulders tightly. "Don't you forget, I'm the prince and don't you think my mother would pick you over me. She's MY mother. You're just nothing but a pawn" Scoffing she places her hand onto of mine. "You're right, however if you don't leave today I won't hesitate to kill everyone in this house. Even if they're in surrender" 

Never in my life have I been threatened like this, originally I viewed this girl as weak but I knew she was intelligent. She had the brains, and she used it to wrap my mother's interest in her. Now she's just only showing her true colours. Finally. She's been playing the good girl role for long enough. 

"Fine" 

Pushing her backwards I head towards the door to exit. "I'll get rid of you one day" Growling I see her raising her eyebrows with a smirk on her face "I'll look forward to it"  She cackles as I head out the house. The most I can do now is to save the remaining lives in this house.