The Royal Thrive - Chapter 29 - Overtaking Danger

Jumping into the black jaguar together i took the front passenger seat whilst Nathan took the driver seat. “The best way to release stress-“ “To take it out with speed. Can’t we just run in our wolf form?” Nathan rolls his eyes at me before starting the engine. “Royalty don’t shift so easily. It’s our pride” Simply speeding down the driveway he is already taking a few risky curves avoiding crashing into trees, seriously why am I risking my life? Heading through the dorset of trees everything just seems like a blur, but I could still picture the scenery. I felt as if I’m going through an enchanting forest; something out of a book almost. 

“Where we heading?” I asked as Nathan moves his hands off the wheel and rummaged through his pockets for his ringing phone. Grabbing the steering wheel for him I swerved the car to the left sharply avoiding another few trees. “Phew” Sighing out in relief I glare at Nathan who is talking on the phone. “Yeah, I know. I’ll bring her back safely have some faith in me bro” With that Nathan ends the call and throws his phone behind him - “Noah got worried” My eyebrow raised when hearing Nathan’s words, so he remembered me after all. Let me guess he isn’t mind linking me through the mate bond because he knows I’m let’s say not so pleased, do I really look that short tempered?

 Sitting back Nathan continues driving with a smirk creeping onto his face “Are you starting to recognise this place?” He asks whilst exiting Eclipse Moon pack’s territory, judging by his direction I already know where he’s taking me.

“My home” - Speeding up Nathan drives through my old’s pack’s territory that is now under the royal palace’s care and soon it’ll probably be given to the other three packs as share. “You’re probably homesick, that’s why you’re so cranky these days” Hitting a nerve again I look at him with a ‘I-dare-you” look, “Oh am I now? Well done therapist” Sarcastically replying to him he stops the car and takes out the key, juggling it in his hands “If you don’t want your mate to worry sick I suggest you hurry up and follow me” Jumping out the car I follow him as we met each other at the front of the car looking around - “Nothing’s changed” I smiled as I recognised the forrest, just a few months ago I was here training with my pack, my best friend Julie. My parents were still alive unlike now; everything has changed. 

Time is an ugly existence. 

The sounds of our foots crunching the fallen autumn leaves and twigs were the only sounds in this empty forrest, “Isn’t it ironic how we hated each other’s guts at the beginning and now we’re actually accompanying each other?” I asked whilst ducking under some low branches, “There’s actually always something I wanted to tell you” Nathan admits as we walked together, “What?” - “Sorry”. Stopping in my tracks completely my eyes widen at Nathan, did he just apologise to me? I can’t help but smugly smile pocking his shoulder tauntingly “Looks who’s growing up now” I teased as he glares at me from the corner of his eye instantly regretting letting such words slip out of his mouth. 

A flush of embarrassment creeps on the side of his ears making me gasp inside, maybe I pushed it too far. I should really be treating him a bit nicer after I just dug open his old wounds - patting his shoulder I gave him a genuine smile knowing why he said sorry. “I understand, it wasn’t your fault” With our eyes met the guilt in his eyes slowly faded away, “Hmph, don’t act smart” Brushing my hand away I sighed whilst looking at the time on my watch, it’s starting to get late. “I still want to see my abandoned pack house” Insisting I took the lead since I know the way better than Nathan who is now following behind me, cutting through the shortcuts that most of the pack members in the past now the abandoned pack house was in sight. From the front it looks like something from a horror movie, where the main characters enter a haunted house because they have no where to stay however this time it’s different. The main character are returning home though nothing run perfectly - “Nathan can you smell that?” I asked as we approached the pack house, he immediately stands next to me looking to his right as I look to my left. The lingering smell in the air is making us wary “Looks like the royal guards didn’t do a good job” I laughed as Nathan scoffs “What’s with that? Aren’t you the Crown Princess?” Retaliating we both knew we had to get out of here, otherwise it won’t turn pretty. Moreover, we need to report back to Noah and the palace as soon as possible.