The Royal Thrive - Chapter 37 - Shattered

I had SO MUCH writers block, for real. Work load is so much these days >.< Looks like I'll be slowing down on updates! 

I hope you enjoy! oh and I finally hit 1k votes!! I am so grateful for everything! Please continue to support this story! 

...

Nathan’s POV

“Prince Nathan you can’t-!” 

“Leave it, you stay outside and close the doors” My mother commanded the maid that had been trying to stop me barging into her chambers. After two weeks of refusing to see me I finally get to see her. Now with everyone retreated outside it is only me and her in the room, she stares at me with cold eyes. I can’t even see the mother I dearly loved in her anymore. 

She’s a monster. 

“What did you think you’d accomplish through barging through my doors like a fool?” - “I don’t need you to tell me how foolish I look. Mother” Spitting my words out my mouth she sighs before sitting on her glorious throne, with both her hands onto either side immediately she is setting her authority straight. With my fists shaking in anger I can only glare at her; immediately she glares back. As if I’m insulting her. 

“Who taught you to glare at your own mother like that? What and who turned you into this pathetic you?” 

Is she serious? After everything, she’s still thinks she’s right. No, she doesn’t just think she’s right. She know she is right in that deluded world of hers - everything she done now is right. 

“Anna’s death sure is upsetting, but rest assured. That girl, you never really liked her anyway. Mother will find you a better lady-“ The cup in her hands smashes onto the floor, her half shocked half angry eyes stare into mine. I can’t but let a growl escape. Grabbing her shoulders I make sure she is looking at me, “Mother answer me! Did-Did you…” Trying to ask her the question to confirm my own thoughts I grit my teeth; but I can only gulp down the doubt in my throat. If I want an answer I will have to force it out of her. 

“Did you drive Noah’s mother to her death?” “Who told you that? - “Just answer me!” Pushing me away she attempts to ignore my question. “Mother answer me!”, “How dare you speak to me in this manner!” “I said did you kill her!!!” Through a series of yelling back at each other she quickly strikes my cheek with her palm. 

“You’re confused, you need to be kept in a room so you can calm down” Mumbling to herself she doesn’t look away from me, her eyes are as cold as ever. At this very moment I could only let out a small laugh and eventually it develops into a bitter laugh - the answer is clear and falling on the floor I run my hand through my hair. “My mother, is a murderer.” “Natha-“ “It’s funny” I stop her warning voice, as I look at her I slowly stand back up. 

“You’re sitting on that throne as if you deserve it. Though really the only place you should really be at right now is in prison” 

Slamming her fist on her throne she warns me with her eyes before growling, “Nathan, even if you’re my son I-“ “Raine was right, I was selfish to think you was harmless. You say it’s for my sake but really, since when the hell did I say I wanted to be king? A throne given to me at the cost of many lives. Only the likes of you could sit on it, and not only that; Anna,  father, the Northern Moon pack. Raine’s friend’s, the Eclipse Moon pack. You used them all - using me as an excuse for your actions.” In silence she doesn’t respond to me at all.