The Royal Thrive - Chapter 18 - A Foreseeable Danger

Would just like to take the chance here to thank everyone for the support, 'The Royal Thrive' is hitting near 200 votes. I will continue to try my best! ^^

....

Another two months has passed ever since the incident has happened. Everyone in the pack is slowly recovering whether it is the physical wounds or the emotional wounds - "Yo!" Zain calls as he snatches a toast from the kitchen counter, "This is your fifth piece" I stated as I took my second piece whilst watching a film on my laptop. Leaning over my shoulder Zain chews loudly into my ear checking out what I am watching, and just being the pervert he is he whistles near my ear when one of the hookers in the plot starts stripping.

"She's hot" 

"She is isn't she" I played along causing him to steer away from me as he looks at me up and down "You swing that way?!" Smirking I continued to play along "Mhmm, what? There's nothing wrong with being a lesbian!?" Watching his eyes grow slightly wide I mentally laugh in pleasure. "So my friend here is a lesbian. Now that's something now" Jayden's voice chirps as he enters the kitchen as he tries to lean his arm on my shoulder I pretend to drop something causing him to roll his eyes after failing to lean on me. "Raine! Why are you always so mean to me?" Jayden complains like a child who just got rejected causing me to smirk and pull an innocent face.

 "Sorry what was you saying? I got distracted" 

Rolling his eyes Jayden knew I am doing it on purpose punching me lightly across the shoulder. "Say, why are they calling us so early today?" Taking a sip of my hot water Jayden makes his way over to the kitchen sink dumping his plate in the sink "Hey throw mine in as well" Zain calls and casually throws a plate in the air which Jayden gracefully caught with one hand. Over these two months, my dad and the alpha has been out a lot lately day by day they seem to be more busier and demanded even more. My mum complain to me like she already does about how she misses my dad and how she misses his voice - I also miss him too, I don't like seeing my mum like this she had gotten better without my dad for a few days during the week over that last few years but over these two months the most she get to see is my dad arriving back or leaving the pack house with the alpha. 

"Apprently the prime minster is coming to visit, to report the progress of prince Nathan's training. It's going to be a long day" Dragging the 'o' sound when Jayden mentioned the word 'long' I could only yawn this is probably why my dad and the alpha is so busy. They've probably been trying to polish up the pack even more and make sure everything run's smoothly. "Forget that!" Zain laughs before grinning "Who's in for a game of cards?" Offering a few put their hands up after hearing Zain's and just as I was about to join I see Nathan and Noah hang out together at the backyard from the window. Nathan looked troubled whilst Noah had the same unfazed expression on his face "Hey Zain deal my cards for me and I'll join you guys in a sec" I tapped his shoulder and began to make my way to them yet before I could even get to them Jayden pulls me into the room where we do the laundry. 

Looking at me with firm eyes he looks behind to make sure no one was behind him "Uh? Jayden? You look really suspicious" I joked with a dry tone making Jayden look at me with all seriousness "I've been noticing something for the past few months" It's either I'm stupid or he's talking in another language because I have no idea where or what is he trying to say at this moment. "Noticing what? A lot has happened?" - "No I've noticed you've been quite close to Nathan and Noah, I swear you don't even curse Nathan as much now" Wow. He even noticed that, shouldn't he be happy I'm not digging a bigger grave for myself? I mean they always say karma is a bitch. "Yeah… he's not that bad. I guess when you get to know them - wait why are you even asking me? Shouldn't you be relieved that your best friend isn't going to be against the 'prince' anymore?"