The Royal Thrive - Chapter 21 - Betrayed

This was meant to be next week's chapter but I don't think I'm even avaliable next week so I'll do an early update! Hope you all enjoy it! 

Oh, i'm nearly hitting 300 votes on this! Thank you all for the support!

....

With our hands intertwined with each other we walked into the living room, only to walk in with Nathan look very angry about something over the phone "Don't you dare" He growls before cutting the line off, probably because he know we're currently right behind him. "I see you two finally got together" Nathan slips his phone in his back pocket of his jeans whilst lazily looking at us and noticed our hands intertwined. "That old geezer won't be happy you know" Nathan directly speaks to Noah who nods back at him "I know" Letting out a frustrated sigh Nathan looks troubled as he ruffles his hair, "I just got a phone call off them, father's really ill and no one has been able to see him" Hearing those words made me flinch, if no one can reach the king then how are we going to get out of this horrible situation with the queen and the minister? 

"Mother has been in charge of the royal administrations, she has the command" Nathan carries on, gritting my teeth I pull away from Noah's hand and stood forward "We can still go to your mother right? She would be more than happy to - unless she would rather play the safe side and silence us forever" My thoughts turn towards the dark side as I understand that there is a risk. "Noah, silence your wolf for now and you too Raine. Until the crown prince and crown princess coronation is over" The thought of shutting our wolves away made me growl he's basically asking em to reject myself for a while just thinking about it is hurting my wolf, however if we don't and people find out me and Noah are mates then it's going to call trouble. 

"Once the coronation is over my mother won't be as uptight about you anymore Noah then maybe your request about leaving the palace and as a prince would be granted" 

Something in Nathan's voice and eyes tells me that he's not comfortable at all, "Nathan… you" I paused as he stares at me with eyes that were impossible to read "You don't want to go back to the palace?" I asked with a hint of hope that I was on the correct lines only to get a huge laugh in my face "Paha! I've been dying to go back! Don't flatter yourself" He scoffs and instantly I regret what I said "I thought you would've at least had a bit of senses knocked into you. Guess not" I crossed my arms whilst we glare at each other - just like it was the first time we met. 

Just as we shared at glaring competition Nathan's eyes grew wide as he sniffs the air as if he recognises something, "What's wrong?" I ask as I try and catch a scent and quickly Noah grabs my shoulder as he also sniffs the air. 

"Shit" 

Nathan curses as I hear glass shattering downstairs - such sounds made me freeze in place. The scent drifts through my nose, the scent of unfamiliar wolves. "Looks like we don't have a choice" Nathan growls as a march of footsteps hurry to the living room, as we stand there in silence waiting for their entrance. 

"It's been a while. Nathan" 

This voice! This scent!

Her black hair, her icy blue eyes - Anna. 

"Anna?" I question as Anna smirks with 4 wolves behind her as she glances between us. "You're not meant to be here Anna, what is going on? Why are you entering our territory with these wolves?!" I growled as I stepped forward as Anna sighs, "I'm not going to waste time" Mumbling she examines her nails and the spread her fingers outwards admiring her red nail varnish. 

"Anyone tell me what's going on?!" 

Asking through the pack's mind link no one answers - all I can hear is screams. 

"Tell me what's going on!" I yell before getting held back by Noah "The Northern  Moon Pack, betrayed the entire werewolf society by secretly making a alliance with the hunters" 

"Bullshit!" 

I yelled again as I struggled under Noah's grasp as I try and confront Anna, what is she even trying?! 

"The queen and all the ministers in the palace have came to a final decision" Flashing her eyes at me she smirks - she isn't the Anna I met at the ball at all. 

"The Alpha and the Beta shall be executed - the rest of the pack shall be punished and branded as rogues. Never allowed to come back to the werewolf land again" 

"What do you mean execute?! What do you mean branded as rogues?! Noah let go!" I growled with my voice raised but he wasn't willing to - "Fuck sake! Nathan tell her to stop!" I turned my head to yell at Nathan but he didn't answer me but only glare at Anna. "OI!" I yell at him again before he growls as Anna chuckles "If anyone tries to fight back we have the permission to kill them. So if I was you Raine I'd tell them to stop fighting back, take this as a warning my friend" 

"You're not killing or taking anyone from my pack!" I yelled again as Anna gasps as a wolf beside her whispers something in her ears whilst in the background or shall I say downstairs I can hear crashes and screams. Why?! Why on earth does this happen to our pack all the time?! 

Chuckling Anna covers her mouth as if she is doing something impolite "Sorry, I got a bit excited. It seems a lot of your pack is fighting back, it's inevitable that most of them are -" 

Don't 

Don't 

My head just kept repeat that word telling her not to say that word 

"Dead" 

That was it. I was out of control I ripped away from Noah's grasp and pushed passed Anna with her cackle still ringing at the back of my head. "Raine!" Noah's voice calls me and as much as I'd like to answer now is not the time. Exiting the West Wing the immediate revolting smell of blood and death hits me, my legs carried me as quick as I can. So fast I didn't even know it was possible for a werewolf, as I ran and ran the numbers of bodies increased - my blood pressure is probably sky high now, as the adrenaline rushes through my body. The feeling of fear. 

"ANYONE WHO FIGHTS BACK WILL END UP LIKE THE BODIES AROUND YOU! UNDERSTAND?!" 

I hear cries, those that are calling for their beloved, their friends, their fellow pack member. 

"LINDA!!!" 

Jayden?

Turning back and stopping my legs from running I run back as I watch Jayden stand in a pool of blood with Linda in his arms - her face is pale white. 

"Jayden!" I yelled as he looks at me with tears streaming down his eyes, they look instantly lifeless. My eyes flicker onto Linda's limp body with dried blood all around her neck that had been ripped apart. Watching my best friend cry is also something really painful - he wanted to propose to Linda on their anniversary. Look what happened now. He will never be able to hear a response from her ever again; "What did she do to deserve this" Jayden sobs as I rub his shoulder with my throat clogging up. "I'm going to fucking kill them!" Jayden growls ready to launch forward with Linda's body in his arms yet with my two arms I push him back 

"Are you crazy?! You can't do that! Did you not hear them!? They will kill anyone who is fighting back!" 

Jayden growls at my response 

"They killed my mate! Not only that they killed nearly the entire pack! I am not a coward!" 

"Jayden! If you run out there now you WILL die BEFORE you even get to revenge! LISTEN TO ME! Let's round up everyone who is still alive and figure a plan!" I yelled trying to stop my best friend stepping in a sure death but he doesn't listen "I just never thought you was a coward Raine" He whispers with disappointment running through his entire expression and perhaps hate - is he thinking I'm a traitor?

Trying to push pass me I stop him with my arms spread right out there "I'm not letting you get out there! Don't you think I'm a coward either! My pack, my parents and my friends are all out there! You really think I don't want to kill them all right now?!" A snort from Jayden makes my eyes widen as he looks at me at the eye 

"Raine. Stay alive. For us." He mumbles before something sharp hits at the back of my neck causing me to completely lose consciousness.

Before you leave, please vote or comment below! Thanks a lot for the support!