The Royal Thrive - Extra Chapter

When I completed the story, I felt as if I haven't completed it completely. I always wanted to explore Queen Irene's past and character, so here is a short chapter of her behind the horrible things she done. 

Extra Chapter : The opposite of love, is love.

Irene’s POV -

“Good job, Anna” Throwing the report on the execution of the Northern Moon pack onto the marble desk, Anna stand before me with a small frown on her face I can already tell she feels guilty. “Guilty?” Questioning her, her eyes snap back up to meet my own, she shook her head confidently, but not enough to convince me. Raising an eyebrow I chuckle, “That’s normal, you’re aware that one day I can also do the same to your pack” Tapping my pen on the table, the silence between us became thick; I stop tapping my pen and began to lift my two hands up. 

Moving them up and down, I made sure I got her attention. “Do you know what I have in these hands? I have the entire kingdom, more than thousands of lives. I am the one who will and it can only be me who will write their fate the way I want to. All you need to do is listen to me and you can live with Nathan happily ever after. You don’t need anything such as a conscious, it’ll just drag you down” “Thank you for your advice, your highness” - Obeying to my words I smirk whilst leaning into my chair, “Well I’m going, use your time to get closer to Nathan. The coronation ceremony is going to happen soon” Heading out of my room I pat her shoulder firmly before leaving the room.

“Your Highness!” A servant hurries towards me, with a tray of food in his hands. “His Majesty isn’t eating again?” Asking him he quickly shook his head with a frown, as I recall, he hasn’t ate for days. Even though he is a werewolf he is still weak because of the silver. “He’s going to die if he doesn’t eat” - “His Majesty also called for a visit from you.” A pang of sadness cross my heart, “Then go and make some more food and bring them to his chamber.” Turning my heel I start to head towards Nicholas’s chamber, ever since that day where I expressed I will no longer hold back, I had been poisoning his food with small amounts of silver. 

It’s about time, he noticed. 

Walking into his bedroom, his weak figure is swallowed under the huge duvet. His pale face and pale lips if it had been the me in the past, perhaps I would’ve stopped and been happy just being with him. As if he could sense my presence, his eyes slowly peel open, his head moves slightly to the right with his eyes following my every move. “You’re looking better” Sitting next to him, his eyes only glare at me - “Noah” Calling that child’s name I pick up a small glass of water from his bedside table, “I heard you haven’t been eating or drinking” - “Noah” Calling Noah’s name again, I sigh “Noah is at the Northern Moon pack, I’ll try and get him to come back as soon as possible” “You’re… lying” Stuttering as if it pains him to talk I scoff as he continued to speak. 

“You’re still the same. When you lie, you touch your earlobe” 

A small part of me is happy that he remembers, but to this point, there is no turning back with just words. “A old habit, I guess” - “You still wear those earrings” Touching my earrings I chuckle, “These were the earrings you gave me, for our anniversary.” I recall that day as if it happened yesterday, that day was the day before Nicholas was crowned as Crown Prince, that day was the happiest because at that moment, neither of us knew that we weren’t meant for each other. “Lucy… when did it come to this?” A small frown appears. “Who knows…” My eyes automatically look into the distance, whether the distance contained the past or the future, at this moment I’m not sure myself. 

“It was a mistake for us to meet” In a whisper, his words pierced through my heart. “It wasn’t a mistake for us to meet, but a mistake on fate who didn’t allow us to be mates. It was a mistake to love Elise” “Elise was surely my queen, but your title was equivalent to her title, yet you was never happy” “The official title was meant to be mine” “So you kill her out of spite?” Coughing furiously, my eyes widen. 

“You knew? W-Why - h-how?” Stuttering myself, unlike my usual self who kept a cool attitude, I lost it. Like every other being, I also have emotions and secrets. 

“I secretly investigated after Elise’s death.” In silence I listened to him, “I thought I could give you another chance. Yet now… you’re doing the same” With his eyes closed, I watch I’m carefully. “Lucy” Calling my old name Nicholas’s eyes open again, “Lucy…” With a sigh, I move away from his bed, but he calls my old name again. “The Lucy you’re looking for is dead. Now, there is only Irene. Have you forgotten? Your Majesty killed Lucy, with your very own hands” Through the cruelty of fate and him, the old Lucy had died a long time ago, and buried in my heart, under the depths of resentment. 

“Your Majesty should just rest here, the kingdom will be fine under my care. As much as I hate you, I will look after Noah. I will make sure he will never step a foot in this palace every again. As for Nathan, he’ll become the Crown Prince with the support of the Southern Moon pack, who is now the most powerful out of the remaining three packs” “T-Three” Groaning in pain he desperately try to grab onto me who is no longer in reach, in his weak state I look at him. “Do you remember Nicholas? I said I will aways be by your side? I shall keep that promise and make sure you remain alive till the day your life span ends. Unlike you, I keep my promises” - “Y-You…” “If I can’t have your love, I’ll have your kingdom, I’ll defy fate.” 

This time I walk out of his room, just as I close the door the sound of glass smash on the marble floor catch my attention. I quickly run back into Nicholas’s room, to see his body on the floor and the glass smashed in front of him. “Nicholas!” Grabbing his body away from the floor, he completely lost consciousness. “You…” With my hand on his face, I could see the tear stains. “The last time you cried was when Elise left this world. Can you call my name? If you call my name and ask me to stay with you right now, I’ll do it” Nicholas doesn’t respond but it was expected, I asked for the impossible. 

Lucy, oh Lucy, why do you always creep back up? Why don’t you stay in the depths of my heart and remain there? Why do you always have to remind me, that I was once a different person?