The Royal Thrive - Chapter 28 - Jealousy

I'm on the roll this week! Whoop! As promised the second update of the week is here, now it's time for me to rest and do some actual work. Enjoy! 

...

“It is a pleasure to meet the Crown Prince Noah and Crown Princess Raine. As well as Prince Nathan and Princess Anna. I’m Leo, this is my beta James” Shaking our hands the Alpha offers to shake Nathan’s hand “It’s been quite a while, Prince Nathan” Adding in a sly comment Leo smiles towards Nathan only to have his hand slapped away, “You don’t have to suck up to me, he’s the crown prince” With a harsh tone Leo chuckles and ruffles his dark raven hair - even though he’s in his mid forties he seem as if he’s just hit thirty. Finishing chuckling to himself he scans the four of us once again with his hazel coloured eyes, “I hope your stay here will be enjoyable” Stepping aside both Leo and James invite us in the pack house and taking a step inside a hit of freshness overwhelmed us, this pack house is just so bright and colourful. Not something you’d think two forty year olds would go for. 

“I have gathered the entire pack in the main meeting room. They are all looking forward to meet you all.” 

Leo leads the four of us through rooms and cutting through each room and doors we eventually arrived at the main meeting room. A modern room, with a chandelier hanging above all the pack members turned around staring at us at our arrival. “Please follow me” Leo chauffeurs us throughout the too and to the top where we see a wider view of the pack. 

Yawning out loud Nathan scoffs whilst we provided an introduction - hell he even refused to introduce himself. Since apparently there was just no point; and clearly the pack still held some hard feelings towards Nathan as I hear quite a few mumbling under their breath about what happened a couple of years ago. After us, Anna introduced herself with a sense of authority in her voice, whilst introducing herself she would glance over to me and Noah perhaps trying to publicly declare we don’t get along at all.

After the formal introduction, Leo took me and Noah to his office to look at documents he had ready for us to check whilst Nathan and Anna was taken to the small welcome party the Eclipse Moon pack had sorted out. 

“You’ve surely fully prepared” Noah nods whilst looking through the documents of the training progresses in the pack whilst I look at their finances. I’ve often seen my father dealing with the pack’s finances so I’m familiar and surely I can say this pack doesn’t seem to use a lot of money at all. Though judging by how extravagant this pack house is and how well the pack members look it doesn’t seem quite right. “So is this all of the finances?” I asked looking up from the file, Leo looks at me and nods. 

“Yes, everything is clearly noted in there” 

Nodding whilst raising one of my eyebrow I look at Noah who nods back at me - we both need to look further into this. “Is there anything wrong?” Leo asks with a smile and closing the file in my hands I pass it back to him. “They look fine, you seem to be able to spend enough on the budget the palace has given you. However may I ask you a question?” I asked wanting to test the waters and with Leo nodding he leans forward leaning his elbow on the glass table. “Your pack’s expenditures don’t seem to come cheap” Better cut the chase short, with my question Leo opens the file again.

 “My pack’s expenditures sure aren’t cheap however where we can save we save. My father had left a huge amount of savings to me, so what you see as being expensive is all from that” - “That seems like a valid reason. Personal savings are never registered or required to be on the documents. We understand” Noah nods whilst passing back the training file to Leo who collects it gratefully. “Then if all the paper work is good I shall show you around the territory sometime tomorrow. May I ask how long are you staying?”