The Royal Thrive - Chapter 6 - Revenge? I've never been so scared

A week has passed ever since the royal ball, in fact it's gone too quick because no we're waiting for the 'grand' arrival of prince Nathan - with the whole pack practically buzzing about his arrival there wasn't a minute where I haven't heard his name all through the past week. The alpha even put an order down where the whole of the west wing of the pack house dedicated to the prince - and since the west wing was left empty for quite a while since we didn't need to occupy it we all had to help and tidy it up and somehow I ended up doing most of it because my mother again said that I should do it to make it up for slapping the prince. The damn guy isn't even here yet and I'm already working for him like a slave, what will happen when he arrives? I refuse to be ordered around that's for sure. The females who haven't mated yet in the pack is all overly excited as well, all getting ready to plan to wear their best attire to impress the prince. 

"Hey, the golden boy is arriving soon" Jayden looks over my shoulder as I sat in bed with my laptop watching a film completely not fazed by the fact there's going to be a guest soon. "Man, even Linda has been going on about this guy, is he really that hot or is it bluff?" Jayden urges me to answer him, probably feeling threatened by the presence of a prince attracting his mate. I suppose it's every other girl's dream to even meet a prince never mind living near one and I have to admit deep down I have a weak spot for a prince charming but that guy is defiantly not prince charming - no way in hell. "Raine! Answer me! I know you're listening!" Shoving me aside I could only roll my eyes and paused the film, "So?" Jayden nudges me to answer "He's good looking, I wouldn't lie about that but he's real snobby so don't worry your position in Linda's heart isn't going down" Hearing a sigh a relief I felt mischievous to add some flavour "I suppose that's only me though, most girls find arrogance attractive - you know confidence and all that not to forget he's a prince and the future king so it's something to brag about" Trying to keep my smirk away Jayden groans in frustration and watching his frustration I could only comfort him "Have some trust in your mate, jeez he's only just going to be a short term buzz. He won't last long anyway" 

Smirking Jayden leans on my shoulder "That doesn't sound very nice" "Think about it, he's never been out the palace before, it's like putting a monkey who's been raised in a zoo back in the wilds. It won't work, moreover, if he goes back to the palace like he is now the king isn't exactly going to sign for the finished product" I suggested and broken down for Jayden and he snaps his fingers "So he's going to go through hell here, I heard the alpha has already been setting a timetable for him" "Which means, he'll have no time to mess about and then he'll reach to a break point and will basically leave" I winked at him as Jayden jumps away from me and shows that he is clearly happy and delighted to hear what I've just told him. 

As Jayden celebrated from outside with my heightened hearing I could hear cars park up our drive way, conveniently with my room being at the front of the pack house I could see a clear view. About three cars parked up and outside by the door was our Alpha and my father waiting. "We shouldn't really be talking about people in broad daylight" I pointed as Jayden also takes a look. 

Having to greet him myself and Jayden made our way down to the bottom floor which was just crowded with pack members - mostly girls who are desperate to take a look. "It's a pleasure to have you here" The alpha said in a respectful tone "I'm grateful you're taking me in" Oh yes I know that voice - every word he says is dripped with 'yes I know it all, I'm too good to be here but I'll just sugar coat it'. Only to roll my eyes I hear the alpha yet again respectfully greeted someone else "It's also a pleasure to have you here" then at this moment I could only try and look over the many heads in front of me to get the answer to my question - who else is here that could get the alpha talk like that. Thus to my disappointment I wasn't able to hear the other party's answer only to see the alpha leading them into the pack house more and more people started to crowd around. "All this attention, even I didn't get this much throughout the 20 years of living" Hearing Zain complain at the back I could only scoff and turned to him with a smirk "I smell jealousy" I sang as Zain looked away. 

Now it has been around what? 15 minutes since they've arrived and about twenty boxes of 'stuff' has been delivered and taken to the west wing. What are they doing? Making a mini palace? 

"Did you see him?! Isn't he so hot?!" Cynthia a popular female pack member yelped like a fangirl - she's not a slut, in fact we're friends but most of the females in the pack don't like my personality… may be because I'm not easily broken by a few horrible nasty comments; in fact it's not like they can throw them at me since I'm the beta's daughter. Who cares? You can't weigh someone up on the 'worthiness scale' just by how many friends they have. Well at least I think that's how it is anyway… 

With a sudden figure sitting down next to me caused me to snap my head to the left only to see Julie, probably the closest female friend I have and she is the one I go to when I have problems that I don't really like talking about with Jayden. "Your enemy is officially in your territory" She laughs with a sly smirk since I told her about slapping Nathan "Don't talk about it… I think I'm going to go crazy, they're still moving in things as well" I sighed as I see another person carrying another box of things to the west wing. "I suppose it's a big deal it is eight months" "Yeah I suppose… Have you caught your eye candy yet?" I nudged her as I wriggled my eyebrows "Please. Do I look that shallow?" She retorts "You rejected Ben who asked you for a date because you said he was 'puke material!" Pointing at her she could only laugh "Yes I know, but seriously you can't expect me to- let's not talk about that" "He did have a face full of acne… it's not a pretty sight but hey, you never know one day he could turn out to be a hottie after he steps out of the end of puberty stage and then BAM your loss" Rolling her eyes at me I could only laugh at her because she knew I was on the right lines "Ok, ok I admit" She surrenders "Never mind me, I'm worried about you" She points which causes me to follow her finger and point at myself "Me? Why?" "Hello? You slapped prince Nathan, he's now here, you know there's something called revenge" Opening my mouth like an 'o' I nodded "I know" Smiling towards her she could only give me an confused expression. 

"What do you mean 'I know'? Aren't' you scared?" Picking at the fruit basket I picked up a banana and began to peel it as Julie waits for an answer. Taking the first bite I nodded at the banana giving it an approval "Hello?" Julie waves in front of me as I gulped down the banana "That banana is nice, maybe I should freeze one in the fridge and then treat it like ice cream" I examined another one that is in my hands and the silence Julie is giving me tells me she's demanding an answer which only makes me smirk as I passed her an apple which she caught in mid air. "Revenge? I've never been so scared" Smirking right back at me Julie knows what I mean "Right let's go and freeze this banana" I sang as I headed towards the kitchen. 

Before you leave please leave a comment below and a vote ^^