The Royal Thrive - Chapter 16 - The punishment death

The blazing wolf standing right in front of me nearly at the size of a lion, staring at me with those familiar arrogant eyes - "What are you doing here?!" Pointing my index finger at him as if I saw a ghost he shakes his head "Are you saying you don't want my help? I just saved you before" He smirks in his voice with smug written literally all over his face in his wolf form. 

"Is he dead?" I asked as Nathan simply stepped away giving me a proper view of the corpse - the blood, the horrific expression on his face as his death welcomed him, the open wounds. Instantly my knees became weak as a rush of nausea made me gag. Dropping Jake onto the floor as I fell on my knees with my arms supporting me I couldn't speak but gag - there's blood on my hands as well, throughout the nineteen years of my life I've never harmed anyone never mind killing someone to a point where my hands are tainted with blood. 

The effects of this fight is slowly getting to me - I start to rapidly wipe my hands against the floor trying to get rid of the blood on my hands. I am desperate to erase the fact I just killed someone, badly harmed someone and watch people die. I couldn't stop my tears roll down my face either. If I could choose I wouldn't cry in front of Nathan but I didn't have a choice. If I don't let my emotions out I will go crazy, before tonight I always thought I could handle simple situations. It was expected of a wolf to fight if they are in danger - bloodshed sometimes had to be done. Now it just proves I'm a naive brat. 

"Stop" Nathan's large paws presses on top of my hand - I had expected it to be scorching my skin however it just felt warm. "It isn't the time to be crying, we need to finish this and go back" Nathan calms me give me a nudge - Sincerely I'm grateful that he's not making fun of me, in fact he can't because of the situation we're in right now. 

"Prince Nathan! Are you alright?!" Another wolf in black rushes over as Nathan reassures him that he has the situation under control, ordering the wolf to take Jake for questioning later the wolf does as told leaving us in the room. Wiping away my tears with my dirty hands I sniffed "Is this all ended?" Nodding to my question Nathan assures me that everything is under control once again "Get on my back - weakling" "Don't' start another fight!" Arguing I obediently climbed onto his back, so this is what royals have and we don't. Damn. 

As we headed out the room hearing the sound of Nathan's large paws thudding against the hard ground we went passed fellow members in their human form taking care of the wolves and everyone else who had died tonight. Cries of sadness filled the entire venue - out of all these people I made it out alive. "Wait! Nathan have you seen Noah? I lost sight of him when-" "He was the one who got this situation under control by calling for help. He should be outside now" Nathan nods but my worries didn't simply stop there I had more on my plate. 

"RAINE!" Jayden's voice yelled as he rushes over to me with his arms wide open "Jayden!" Calling back and jumping off Nathan's back I ran into Jayden's arms - "I thought I'd never see you again! Why did you run back in there?! Zain told me everything!" Scolding already normally I would've scolded him ten times as bad but tonight… I'll let it pass because right now I could only let out my tears of joy seeing him again. "Raine!" Hearing my name called again Zain rushes over to me and punches my shoulder. 

"Everyone's been worried about you" 

Laughing with another string of tears roll down my face I couldn't help but think how lucky I am.