The Royal Thrive - Chapter 4 - Prince Nathan and his ego

When a prince finds his mate, his status immediately shoots up to the crown prince - which means he will be the one to succeed the throne. Often when there is more than one prince the order is not by who is oldest to become the next heir to the throne it is whether who finds their mate first and how suitable they are to run the kingdom. This method was to prevent wars breaking out between siblings moreover it shows that how important it is to find a mate when you're a royalty as it is necessary for a king and queen to run the kingdom together; just like in a pack there should be a alpha and a luna. 

So right now, I'm standing next to the crown prince and the crown princess. This is way too much to take in - then again shouldn't I be happy that I'm acquaintances with the future queen? 

"What are you doing here?" Naomi stands in front of Anna causing Prince Nathan to glare at her and growl "If I must remind you, you're in the palace. My palace" Wow he sure sounds cocky. "Hey what's going on here?" Zain and Naomi's mate come around protectively and eyeing all of us up and down Nathan gives a scoff "The future queen shouldn't be hanging around with low lives" Grabbing Anna's arm after pushing Naomi away Anna flashes a look at him - "Some cocky asshole" Zain grits his teeth but cursing the royal's with advanced hearing than us he heard him, just in bat of an eye he lifted his hand up and punched Zain in the stomach. "Zain!" I grabbed him before he could fly back and hit other people but attention was already on us "Stop!" Anna yells and begs at the same time yet only a smirk was played on his lips "Are you begging me? For these low lives?" "They're not low lives" Anna answers back whilst beside me Zain groans in pain as Naomi was being pushed back by her mate not to get in Nathan's way. "Oh really… tell me. What's so good about th-" 

Gasps filled the room, a red mark began to form on Nathan's left cheek "Fuck!" Zain runs next to me as I look at Nathan with a annoyed expression. "Raine! What do you think you're doing?!" My mother grabbed my shoulder but I simply shrug it off "Royalty or not, snob or not. If you're displeased with us in YOUR palace then don't invite us. Simple. Hit the Buddha three times even he would get angry never mind ANYONE!" Snapping his head and glaring at me he raises his hand in the air to threaten me "What? Want to hit me? Why not and prove to everyone else that you're nothing but a spoiled snob. Let me get one thing right" Pointing my index finger at Nathan he growls as his eyes slowly change colour. "Raine… leave it" Zain tries to pull me away "As royalty I suppose you should learn all about manners and the do's and don't. Just because you're prince and everyone licks your shoe doesn't mean you can discard them. Not only should you treat your peers well but your mate even better" With hairs sprouting out of his skin he was in the middle of shifting - hell is definitely going to break loose soon. 

"Enough!" The powerful which belonged to the king bellowed as he steps in the middle. Much taller than myself and Nathan, he glares at Nathan as Nathan very quickly returned to his normal state. Quickly my mum pushed me behind her as my father grabbed my shoulder "You're majesty, please excuse my foolish daughter. She's just not mature enough yet, please forgive her disgraceful acts. It's all my fault" My father pleaded his majesty whilst inside I already knew I'm in shit and there is no reason for my parents to take in this face full of rubbish for me. 

"Mum, dad, don't-" 

"Raine! Keep quiet!" 

My mother scolded but I didn't listen yet stood in front of them "There's no need for you to take the blame for me" I argued back and looked up at the king who is holding no expression in his eyes "I hit Prince Nathan, it's my wrong. Though it is just simply teaching him - he regarded us as mere low lives" Hearing the first part of my reasoning the king glances at Nathan who isn't speaking a word. "Look old man, don't' tell me you don't know your son is in the wrong. Tell me, how can the future king possibly rule over the kingdom when he is failing to recognise that it is all of us here. The packs, the alliances that make up your kingdom and maintains your kingdom" After my rant I could tell Nathan wasn't liking what I said and again he was about to charge towards me but his majesty's hand stopped him. 

"Young brat" He calls me and with a smirk playing on his lips he looks down at me "Royalty affairs will be managed by people within the palace. My son is in the wrong and he deserves a punishment but what you did is certainly disrespectful. You must recognise that even though there is right and wrong in reasoning, there is also do's and don't's" Gulping slightly I have no idea what this old man is thinking right now, "For disrespecting royalty is the penalty of death" Nathan smirks but it was soon wiped off his face when his father glares at him again. "Which pack are you from?" His majesty asks me but my father answers for me "She's my daughter, I'm the beta of the Northern Moon Pack, your majesty" 

Suddenly laughing out loud everyone stays silent "Young brat you remind me of my late queen, she was just as feisty as you are" Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I asked myself but my mother just squeezes my hand making me concentrate "You're right, an arrogant prince who acts above all cannot possibly run my kingdom. Looks like my plans that were meant to be revealed at the meeting later will be revealed now" He chuckles as he scans the room "May all the Alpha's and beta's step forth" He commands was everyones wish and stepping out willingly a small circle was created around me, the king and prince Nathan. The hell is this old man planning now? 

"My son Nathan has found his mate, so now he will be crown prince yet I can see his ego is to a level where the Moon Goddess can't even approve - he who lived in the palace of luxury cannot run my kingdom. Therefore I propose for my son to go on a training course" Nathan throws his father a shocked expression as he mouths 'what the f***' "I was originally going to see which pack was the best but it looks like I've found the perfect place" The king then looks at my and then to my Alpha "Northern Moon Pack, would you do the honour of putting my son back into shape? I give you permission to give him the toughest training" Without a doubt my Alpha couldn't reject the offer and only accepted "You don't need to hold back because he's the prince. When he's out of this place he's nothing but a mere werewolf who is lost and needs to be taught a lesson. I'm sure this young lady here would definitely put him back into shape" He pats my shoulder and suddenly it was like an honour, looking straight at the frustrate Nathan I gave him a smug smile as I mouth something to him he growls and walks out of sight. "Great, now we have an arrogant jerk, in the pack" Zain sighs but I only patted him on the back "Didn't you hear the old man? He said he's not going to be a prince once's he's out of here" I nodded only causing Zain to smirk.

"You're evil, Raine"