The Royal Thrive - Chapter 39 - Confessions

I had a bit more spare time this week, so I'm updating! 

I actaully really enjoyed writting this chapter, it's great to write in Raine's POV. I always found it hard writting other POV's or even a chapter in Raine's POV but one that doesn't include a lot of action? XD 

ENJOY! 

Please either vote or comment below 

P.S. Chapter have not been edited I only skimmed through it to check through some obvious errors. So there might be some grammar or spelling mistakes. 

...

It has been four days since I woke up from my coma. Much to my surprise everything seem normal within the palace, despite the death of Anna and the Eclipse Moon pack no one mentioned anything not even the palace maids. According to Nathan and Noah, the queen silenced everything. 

Anna’s funeral happened when I was in a coma, the last moments before her death still wring my heart. Now standing in front of her grave I read the engravings - reading the year of her birth to her death, a tear escape from my tear duct. Quickly wiping it away, I put away the thought of thinking she could’ve lived longer. 

“Anna, you can rest in peace. I will do everything I can to pay for your sacrifice” Vowing in front of her grave a notice a shadow nearing me - glancing up I see the minister. “Are you here to tell me that I should’ve died instead?” Guessing his woods I silently smile to myself, I always knew the minister hated my existence. He still believe in the vision he had - the vision where I will destroy the kingdom. Out of the blue the minster suddenly comments on what I just said; “No, in fact it doesn’t really bother me” “What?” Looking at him again with my eyes slightly widened he looks at me with a smile; something he never gave me the moment we met. 

Immediately I feel uncomfortable, I’m questioning his sudden change of behaviour towards me. “I admit I was wrong about you” He laughs at himself - “Judging by the way you nearly died but was still adamant and commanded us to try and save Anna. I knew you wasn’t another version of ‘her’ “ 

Turning my body towards him I face him properly, “Who is this ‘her’?” - he suddenly laughs, almost as if he’s laughing at my naivety. Quickly recovering from what he found amused he give me a serious look, “I treated you like that in the past because I thought you’re just like Lucy” 

“Lucy? Who was she?” 

Laughing again I start to get annoyed, what is he finding so amusing?! 

“Lucy was the queen’s original name, before she changed it to Irene. I thought I saw her in you; did you know what is the most horrific about living in this palace and being a part of the royal family?” The million dollar question, he dropped it without even wasting any time.  I look around me, the royal graveyard. The walls that surround the palace, it’s hauntingly beautiful and cruel. “In this palace, people change. I grew up with Irene and King Nicholas, but because of the role as the last Elder Wolf I was never really able to fully maintain this friendship. The first time I saw the vision about Irene, it was the exact same as yours. In context you both were destroying the kingdom - you both denied of ever wanting to harm the kingdom. Then in the end you both ended up in the highest position within the palace. Ironic isn’t it?” Before I could refute some of the things he say he suddenly raises his hand stopping me from saying anything; “The difference between you two is that, she is blinded with hatred and jealousy because Nicholas wasn’t her true mate. Whilst Noah is your true mate - that is the difference between you two.”