The Royal Thrive - Chapter 19 - My mate

Quite a few of you have been waiting for this chapter - the title says it all! Sorry that it's a bit long.

...

Standing there between the three of us anger that has been building inside me causes me to forcefully pull away from Noah's grasp, "If you're going to accuse someone do it properly" Slowly walking towards the minister he doesn't flinch as I stood just a few centimetres away from him. "My visions were never wrong. My job is to eliminate any potential dangers to the kingdom, you're not any different" He glares down at me causing me to grit my teeth as he continues. 

"You may think at this very moment that you're harmless, however you're just like a clear canvas, easily tainted by anything. If I let you continue the way you are you might become someone who brings misfortune. In fact you remind me of a man I once met a long time ago - he had eyes like yours, he once was a innocent and naive young man until one night when he suddenly changed and became someone corrupted and twisted in the head. He abused power, he got rid of everything that stood in his way. Of course he died a long time ago - he died for the very reason of him becoming too arrogant in his own actions. Dragged down by his own intelligence - right now to me you're just like his doppelgänger. I won't let history repeat again" 

In a bat of an eye he attempts to grab my throat however Noah was in time to use his ability over water to restrain him - whilst he struggled I stood there in my own world. Me becoming twisted and corrupt? It won't happen, if I am someone who would abuse power I would've took my father's position a long time ago. Unless… something in me doesn't want to merely take upon a small beta position - perhaps it's aiming for something even greater. All this thinking makes my heart beat uncontrollably fast; so fast I can't even register what's happening in front of me. Grabbing the minister's shirt I pull him closer to me "Tell me how to get out of this then! You should know right!?"-"I've already told you haven't I? To stop it you will have to die"  Shoving him backwards I look back at Noah "This is a load of bullshit" I simply said before turning on my heels ready to walk out of the room, my guts just wouldn't let me back off so daily. 

"Look old man" Turning over my shoulder the minister stares at me.

"Whatever you saw is a fake. I, Raine Avery definitely won't let it happen. So listen carefully, don't accuse me again" 

Pointing my index finger at him, the entire falls silent as the minister and I have a staring competition. Then out of the blue the minister starts laughing "Noah, you win" He smirks looking over at Noah "Surely her eyes are different than that man's" - "What the hell so you was joking?!" I yelled at him causing him to glance over at me "No. I wasn't joking. In the vision I witnessed despite it being vague you became someone ruthless. However, the future can change what I saw may not happen it may happen it is a game of chance. That's why I'm telling you now, seeing from your eyes I can tell that you can change what I saw. I am giving you a choice" - "Then are you saying I owe you a favour?" I crossed my arms and he simple smirks. 

"That's right" 

He nods before Noah retreats the binding on the minister, "Noah, since I'm not killing her you better keep your promise too" He nods at Noah who automatically nods back and with that answer the minister takes one last glance between us before making his way out the room on the other side. "Noah" I call him whilst walking over with a million questions in my head - what did they promise? Moreover, why? "Noah" Repeating his name he still doesn't answer me, what can I do when he doesn't even answer to his name? "Noah" I ask again with my voice slightly annoyed with him not answering at all. 

"Hey!" I yelled and grabbed his shoulder to make sure he's ok, because now he's scaring me and the moment I grabbed his shoulder he flinched and moved away it was as if I scared him. "Sorry" I immediately apologised and frowned, it feels like the first time we met. How he didn't like people touching him, it's all that old man's fault.