The Royal Thrive - Chapter 40 - Our fault

It's been a while! Er... yeah. 

I'm so sorry I took so long to upload a new chapter. I had exams and then that period where you have to take about 2 weeks to chill. 

Oh, and I hereby announce that there will only be about 5 or so chapters left!!! FINALLY IT COMES TO AN END SOON .

I can't believe that this book came such a long way, I still remember the day I got 100 views, I remember the day I got my first comment and vote. Now I'm on 46k+ views. My book isn't perfect, and I know my grammar and writting skills are not the best. I really appreciate every view, vote and comment along the way. 

Once again thank you for your support! Now please enjoy the latest chapter ^^ 

...

“So…” Not knowing how to start the conversation, the entire Southern Moon pack gathers in the hall. All attention is on us, the longer this awkwardness is the more agitated I become. “Argh! Enough with this ‘Oh my goodness’ and gawping expressions. It’s too awkward!” - “Let’s get this straight then, I am your alpha. I don’t think I need to confirm it anymore” Stepping forth, Nathan truly shown his presence as a prince and a alpha; one who holds the highest authority in this room. “We won’t accept you as our alpha until you provide us a good reason!” The beta, named John. “What kind of explanation do you want?” Ruffling his hair in agitation, Nathan sighs whilst the pack seemed to be determined for an answer and a explanation for Anna’s death. 

I don’t think Nathan can do anything until I step forward. “Let me explain” Stepping out Nathan pushes me back, “You don’t need to speak just stay put” “I can’t stay put, I was the only one who stayed with Anna till the end” - Hearing Anna’s name from my mouth the pack growl at me - “Don’t any of you dare lay a hand on here” Nathan warned them in his alpha tone but since they had not truly accepted him, his tone had a limit. 

“It’s fine Nathan, if they want to shred me into a million pieces then let them.” - “What?!” Nathan question me in a disbelieving tone of voice as I step forward, “Anna’s death was no conspiracy of mine or anyones. The genesis of everything will root down to the Queen Irene’s plans with the Eclipse Moon pack. Over the years they had been stocking up silver, dealing with hunters and the human government. As long as they had their hands on silver they could hold the upper hand throughout this kingdom. The incident back at the Eclipse Moon pack, was purely a genocide. It was purely unfortunate that Anna was the one who couldn’t make it out there alive.”

“I heard you could’ve saved her! The government, the Queen! Wants to get rid of us after the Northern Moon pack! You royals are all just evil and ruthless! You’re the remaining surviver of the Northern Moon pack right?! No wonder you got out alive! You purposely took revenge on Anna along with the royals!” Yelling and agreeing with one another I grit my teeth before cracking my knuckles. 

“I also hate this kingdom! I hate the Queen! I hate your pack! I hate the queen! My pack did nothing but good for this kingdom, my parents, my friends. One by one I watch them leave me, I swore revenge and that is why you’re seeing me here today as the Crown Princess of this kingdom!” 

Growls erupt in the room - jumping in front of me with a protective arm as the palace guards stop them from coming near us; their anger and sorrow deeply seep into my heart. 

“Before you all rip me into shred please listen to my story!” “We don’t want to hear anything from you!” Yelling at me Nathan growls - “Take Raine back!” He orders; grabbing my arm the guards pull me away attempting to get me away from this chaos but if I really leave now. I won’t be able to fulfil the promise to Anna - To protect Nathan and look after her pack. “Wait!” I yelled and pulling away from the guards I grab onto Nathan  - “Please listen to my story!”