The Royal Thrive - Chapter 13 - A holiday together

Slamming my fist against Julie's door I hear Julie sigh on the other side of the door, "How long is it taking you?! Come on!! We get to go today!" Ready to slam my fist against her door one more time Julie quickly opens her door "Is that a dent?!" Julie points at her door whilst I put my raised arm back down to my side "Ahahah" I laughed awkwardly but I quickly grab onto her arm "Sorry" I sang giving her my best smile "I'm just excited, and don't act like you're not" I eyed her suitcase that is presumably empty. 

"We only get to go out like what? Once a year at places where there's a lot of humans around! Of course I'm going to bring a empty bag to make sure I fit everything in!" Julie argues whilst I laughed at her 

"Why don't you bring a truck?"

"That's actually not a bad idea" She laughs causing me to laugh as we headed down to the entrance. Where half of the pack has gathered, if you haven't got the gist of what's going on yet let me explain. Even though as Werewolves we mean no harm to humans, hunters and our kind made an agreement, that we wouldn't trespass each other's 'community' all the time. So it means that no humans would come to acknowledge Werewolves making everything much easier. The werewolf law says that out of the whole year as said on the contract between hunters and Werewolves that we can only stay in a highly populated human area for just a month and no longer as that would be called as breeching the contract. As for the hunters it works for the same, I suppose this contract was to get rid of the levels of rogues running around. 

The bad thing is since there has to be a fair share the month period is shared between the four packs - each pack gets a week to spend in the human world. Making today is our week to spend in the human week - to us or to every wolf it's almost like a holiday destination. Not everyone in the pack has to go in fact some wolves like my mother chooses not to go because she said she hated how humans interacted and there was just no use in going to the human 'areas' when we have the same thing here. Perhaps that's what I'm going to be like too when I'm at her age, the time when I've had enough of going there, and what I'm saying isn't a simple statement in fact most of the pack members that go are young - those who tend to look for a change once in a while. 

Joining Jayden who is already kissing Linda, I notice Zain looks at them in disgust as he crossed his arms waiting for us "Keep it PG guys, Zain isn't used to PG-13 or more yet" Hearing my voice Zain shoves my shoulder as I stood next to him whilst Jayden and Linda pull away. "Hey" Linda waves at me and Julie whilst Jayden snakes his arm around her waist protectively. "Too much PDA, or are you showing off?" Covering my eyes playfully Jayden chuckles at my remark "Why at least our hotel room is far away from your hotel room" Jayden suggests completely taking the conversation towards an awkward direction, thank god Julie changed the conversation "I checked the city we're going to and they're holding this festival. It's going to be so cool!" Julie punches in the air in excitement whilst more people gathered "I hope we stay in a better hotel this time though… last time was a bad experience" Zain complains whilst rolling his suitcase backwards and forwards with one of his arms "That's because you came late! Everyone took all the good rooms and then you had to change your mind at last minute to come and join everyone" I shook my head at Zain "Ok, ok I get it but seriously this time I ain't going back in that room!" Zain shakes his head as the coaches arrive "This is like a school field trip, I feel like I'm back in Kindergarten again" Zain laughs as everyone loaded their suitcases on the coach. Don't get us wrong, most of the wolfs here could shift and run to the destination but it wouldn't be a pretty sight to arrive in a city naked. That would just look let's say not so good.