The Royal Thrive - Chapter 36 - Two paths

A new update after a busy week!! I hope you all enjoy this chapter! Please leave a vote and a comment!

P.S. I haven't spell checked this yet I will do later.

...

The smoke is choking my lungs, I can barely breathe. My vision is blurry - “Damn it! Anna! Where are you?!” Yelling weakly I see a wolf figure launching towards me. Jumping out of the way, a black furred wolf stares at me with bloodthirsty in his eyes. Roaring and growling at me I know I stand no chance against it at this state. Yet he is also weakened like me - I can’t risk using the remains of my powers here when I haven’t even found Anna. 

Taking the chance as the wolf gets ready to launch again I run as fast as I can hearing the thuds of the wolf’s paws chasing me. Looking over my shoulder I see it in mid air launching at me once again - I stop abruptly and dart into a room as it land hard. Bad move, now i’m in a small room it can corner me in no time. 

Looking around I gulp as it slowly crawl into the room looking as if it’s smirking - “It’s the end” It seemed to have said as I stare at the wall opposite me, my only way out is to knock this wall down! Once it charges once again, taking advantage of it being in mid air I use telekinesis to throw it hard into the wall crashing it down. I hear it whine in pain and using telekinesis again I swing the wolf behind me allowing me to run. Whilst running out I look behind to see the wolf seemingly dead - I gulp. I must’ve snapped it’s spine - and there is no way it can heal in this situation. 

“Raine?!” Hearing Anna’s voice I snap my head towards her direction - she is filthy, covered in blood and dirt. Not to mention she has multiple wounds on her body with her legs shaking as if it's painful to keep herself up, we have to leave. “Anna!” Running towards her I smile “Thank god I found you” - “Where is Nathan? Is he alright? I can’t sense anything with this smoke” 

Her worrying makes me smile, I nod at her before looking around us. “Let’s get out of here, Noah and Nathan are waiting for us” Grabbing her hand I start to pool my powers around us - yet just as we let our guard down the black wolf I attacked launches between us  

“WATCH OUT!” Pushing her out the way the wolf separates us, weaker than before it probably is running on it’s last legs. 

“Raine watch out! It seems to be aiming for you!”

Warned by Anna I can already tell this wolf is determined to take me down before it dies, gritting my teeth I try to use my powers again however, just as I try to lift the wolf the powers backlashed. I’ve ran out of telekinesis. “Shit. Shit. Shit” Swearing under my breath the wolf launches towards me and grabs my neck in his sharp mouth. It’s going to try and crush my neck - I can feel the numbing pain. “RAINE!” Anna yells weakly and waiting for the moment where my life will end in a second - As I stare at the ceiling suddenly memories rushes into me in that split second. 

They say the moments before you die you realise who you really are and what you truly live for. Now at this moment, all I am thinking is the pain and sorrow Noah will have to go through. To him, one by one those who are important to him leave him. Just like his mother am I going to leave him behind without saying a word? 

Just thinking about it, tears start to fall. Not because I’m feeling so much pain in my neck but - the thought of leaving Noah behind.  I'm waiting for it and now my eyes watch the ceiling suddenly, it starts to slowly crack, the heavy rubble crashes down onto me without a warning. 

As it crashes down I can feel the wolf’s mouth off me as it tries to scurry away but most likely it’s- “YOU TWO!” Hearing the minister’s voice I hear rubbles slowly and painful being pushed off my head yet still my dying body is still under the rocks. “Minister! This building is going to crummble down! We need to leave otherwise-!” “We must save the two princesses!” He orders as my blurred vision can see him and one of his men trying to pull Anna to safety. “M-Minister, leave me for now. I c-can still hold on longer. Go and save Raine, she’s-“ Her voice cracks as if she’s crying.

 “I understand.” 

For what seems to be an eternity I feel as if my chest isn’t crushed by the numerous amount of rocks onto of me anymore and finally pulled out I feel my body limply hung over someone’s back. “We need to get treatment!” The minister grits as I faintly hear some more crashing rocks. I can’t open my eyes properly but I can no longer see the faint and blurred outline of Anna’s head - “Anna?” I choke out as I hear the minister curse under his breath. Something along the lines of not being able to save her. 

“Minister! We have to leave!” I hear the man who is carrying me warn - the shaking of the ground is signifying that this floor is going to crash down too. 

“S-Save…” I try to utter out but the pain is unbearable. 

Next I hear glass smashing - “How am I going… to tell Prince Nathan?” Minister mumbles to himself and with all my strength I push myself off the guy. “C-Crown princess! You can’t be moving with your wound!” Dropping onto the floor I try to rub my eyes roughly, I need to see properly before-! Huh?

I look down to see a bloody hand holding onto me. “Anna?” I ask but I couldn’t see any other part of her body but only her weak hand grabbing onto the hem of my clothing. I can’t hear anything either - not even a cry. “Crown Princess!” The guard yells at me trying to grab me. “We need to leave!” He grabs onto my hand but I can only keep staring at Anna’s hand. 

“Anna?” I ask again as I reach to touch her hand painfully. The moment our skin come into contact tears start to flow down my cheeks - before I can react a pair of strong arms pull me away. “Minster! That’s disrespectful to-!”

“We already lost Anna if we lose her, the future of the werewolf kingdom is going to fall!”

Getting ready to leave I reach out to Anna who is below all of the crushing rubble of rocks - “Wait” I call out weakly as we become further and further away from Anna. “Wait..!” As we ran towards an exit I see the building slowly crumble, I no longer can see Anna’s hand. “WAIT!” Yelling at the minister to stop. He never did. 

“I SAID WAIT!!!!!!” As we leave the words that Anna conveyed to me run through my mind. 

“I’m not going to make it out there alive. So I have a request, of course I’ll give you something in return for this favour. The King is at the Southern Moon pack’s guard - go there and tell them who you are. My pack will… know who you are and will serve you.

My request is… to please look after Nathan for me. I never did anything for him, so this time. I’ll…” 

“Raine!” 

Hearing two voices, I feel material being wrapped onto my neck as my consciousness slip away. 

“What happened?!” Noah’s voice demands - “We should leave the explanation till later.” 

Trying to move any muscles I can, I squeezed a hand that is in my hand. Whomever it is please-...

Before you leave please leave a vote and a comment below! ^^