The Royal Thrive - Chapter 8 - The anti-social ghost

"Hey! Wait there!" I called after Noah as he heads out the living room, ignoring me I pace up and try to grab onto his shoulder yet before I could touch it a barrier of water stops me. Noah glances over his shoulder at me "Shoulder" He simply says as I automatically look at my shoulder that is now healed but the clothing is destroyed. "All thanks to your jerk of a brother" I rolled my eyes but then noticed Noah is no longer in my line of sight "Where did he go?" Running down the hallway - not literally I am speed walking really, I headed down the hall way but caught no sight of Noah. "First is a arrogant jerk now it's a anti-social ghost" Shaking my head I turned back, I suppose I'll just leave it when we all go training. Just thinking about how I'm going to explain to my mother about my clothes I can already imagine my ranting mother complaining to me, there was a sudden tap on my shoulder and spinning around like a angry lion I see the floating water again but this time it is like a bubble as it stops right in front of me I see a folded t-shirt with a note on the top of it. 

The bubble the pops when I held out my hands and the t-shirt lands into my hands, the card situated on top of the t-shirt was a few words: 'Compensation on behalf of my brother'. Smiling I let out a laugh, not believing what I just saw - so the guy went back to his room to fetch me a t-shirt as 'compensation' Yet instead of coming by himself he goes through all the trouble of using his powers to deliver this to me, I suppose it's true that he doesn't really like facing people. I've met a lot of weird people in my life but this person catches my attention. Ok, he's hot for one, but I would never expect a prince to be indulged in cooking and is anti-social. He'll be an interesting one to figure out. 

Out of the west wing I went to go and find Jayden, as I walked around the main section of the pack house I caught the noises of many girls - what do you call it when they go "KYAAAAAAAA!!!" Yeah like that, with a weird shiver going down my spine I shivered from the sounds they were making and went to check what got them so excited. As I stepped into the back garden, with the blazing sun high in the blue sky you could say it's a real good day but this all crumbled when my violet eyes landed on something that is burningly painful. "Hey! Hey don't touch! Don't pull!" Nathan in his half naked body stepped out of the swimming pool showing off his toned abs as all the females in the pack try to get near him to hope they would grab his attention. "Move it!" Nathan yells making all the girl's stop at once - is it me or is there something wrong with him? He looks like the type to love all this attention "Take a look in the mirror" He glares at all of them before pushing pass them grabbing a towel at the side and started to ruffle his hair with it "He's so cool!" I hear Lisa the pack slut squeal as the other girls follow after her.

A flash of disgust appears on Nathan's face but noticing my presence he looks up, "You aren't going to be like them as well are you?" A hint of anger was in his voice whilst I snorted "No, who do you think you are? I'm just impressed you're not liking all that female attention" Smirking Nathan leans closer to me "Or are you jealous I'm getting so much attention?" "Or maybe you're trying to save your innocence for Anna" Playing a smirk back at him his eyes darken "Don't talk about her in front of me" He snaps whilst throwing the towel in his hands on the floor - perhaps I've pressed the button too far. "Look I-" "Don't" He stops me as his eyes start to change colour, and seeing his jaws clench tightly I could only start to get more and more curious about his and Anna's relationship. "Don't even speak about her, I'm warning you, if you do I'll burn more than just that little hole on that new short of yours" With a threat he leaves and heads back into the building leaving the towel on the floor, wow - so first he gets angry and then leaves things on the floor expecting people to follow after him? The more I think about it there more agitated I get, and taking it out on the towel he left on the floor I start to add kicks to it "Stand on your nose so you won't look at other people like they're under your nose! Stand on your mouth so you can't say crap anymore! Stand on your head to deflate that ego!" Mumbling to myself the towel stamping starts to get out of and just as it was getting heated my mum stands right behind me "Raine… what are you doing?" My mother's threatening voice makes me stop, I don't think I've ever grabbed something off the floor so quick and turning to her with a hesitating smile I could only pretend nothing happened "Uhhhhh" Why is my mind so blank? Just say it was Nathan's god dammit! "Nothing I dropped it, it was already dirty anyway" My mother looks at me with confusion as she pulls back with a bit of questioning "Ok… I came to tell you about what's going to happen" "What do you mean mum? You make it sound like something bad is going to happen to me" Heading to the washing machine in the laundry room I dump the dirtied towel in the washing machine as my mum followed "You're 18 now, you know what that means" The tone of her voice makes me roll my eyes, my mother was never straight with her words or intact she just likes you to answer her - she's the type who likes to know you haven't forgotten something.