Chapter 30.

Rose's POV

"Now what?" I giggled breathlessly, leaning against the wall opposite the school gate.

"Anything you want darling." Brad smirked as he stepped closer, so close that I could smell his minty breath. He's braid scent swirling around me, his eyes staring into mine.

"I'm kinda hungry." I breathed out, looking up at him.

"Food it is!" He beamed, connecting his hands with my waist causing a tinge to occur as he lifted me up slightly.

"Nothing too fancy, I've only got a small amount of change on me." I admitted truthfully.

"I wasn't going to let you pay anything, my treat." Brad interrupted with a smile. "Nothing too fancy? Nando's good enough?"

"Too good, but seriously Brad I can pay for myself-" however my sentence was paused as he titled his head down, his lips hovering over mine. Then, suddenly he crashed his lips onto mine.

"Nandos it is!" He confirmed pulling away sharply, leaving me in utter shock and amazement. "Coming?"

"Urm, yea-" I coughed, taking hold of Brad's hand which he held out for me.

"Food is always the best place to get a girls heart." Brad winked playfully, tightening the grip on my hand.

"Yeah-" I said quietly, trying to conceal my growing smile.

I wanted to ask what the kiss was about.

I wanted to ask what it makes us.

I wanted to know what it means.

I wanted to ask about his feelings and

if he really meant what he said yesterday.

"Running away with your thoughts ?" Brad nudged me softly causing me to come back to reality - away from my thoughts. Like a gentleman, he opened the door allowing me to step in and be guided towards me two seater table.

"I'm just tired." I confirmed as we settled down opposite each other.

"If you want to head home then we can, we can do this another day-"

"No!" I insisted firmly. "It's better than being at school."

"Because you're with me?" Brad asked raising his eyebrow slightly at me.

"Maybe!" I giggled shyly.

"You're blushing." Brad said straight forward. "N'aww you're blushing again." He repeated once again.

"I'm not!" I lied as I felt the heat in my cheeks rise.

"Rose Barnes, you're blushing."

"Shut up!" I crossed my arms over my chest and scrunched up my face. Brad looked extremely pleasures with himself as he ran his hand through his hair.

"Look Rose-" he sighed and stared at me, making eye contact. "About this, everything."

"Go on." I said through gritted teeth.

"I know what you're  thinking and I'm thinking the same." He announced with a small smile. He was going to answer my questions about the kiss, us, our feelings.

"And-"

"I'm a bit of a wimp." He whispered. "I'm sorry, but I even find the lime chicken in here too spicy so can we get plain?"

*********

Brad's POV

"I'm sorry, but I even find the lime chicken in here too spicy so can we get plain?" I chuckled underneath my breath as Rose's smiled turned to a frown.

"Yeah sure." She sighed deeply rolling her eyes.

We finished the meal and left nandos pretty quick as I could feel that Rose wasn't enjoying it as much as I hoped. We wandered all the edge of town making small converstation about anything and everything, until we reached her front door.

"Do you want to come in?" She broke the silence and questioned.

"Isn't your mum in?" I responded back puzzled.

"Yeah." She shrugged her shoulders. "But she'll be cool with it."

"What's changed there then?" I asked smugly which caused Rose to frown.

"Let's say we had a heart to heart a week ago." She confirmed with a small smile. "And Charley may become my step sister-"

"Your mum is getting married?" I exclaimed.

"No, well not just yet." She spluttered. "They're dating, she rarely has time for me now-"

"And you're happy with that?"

"I get to spend more time with people I like as well." She commented quietly turning her back she unlocked then front door.

"I would love a little sister." I announced shyly. "But I'm stuck with a Nat."  I sighed deeply which erupted in laughter from Rose.

"I'm sure Nat is absolutely lovely, it's a shame I didn't meet her."

"She's my favourite sister."

"Brad, she's your only sister!" Rose couldn't help but laughter harder shutting the front door. "Anyone home?"

No response.

"Must have gone out on a family walk." She muttered, shuffling her feet along to the living room. "Do you want to watch a movie?"

"Yeah!" I said slightly excited.

I admired Rose as she flickered through the overflowing DVD collection that were stored in a cabinet beside the fireplace.

"This one!" She beamed, clicking open the case to take out the disk, placing it into the DVD player.

"Why are girls so obsessed with chick flicks?"  I groaned as the title appeared on the screen.

"Shut up Simpson, you'll love it." She let out a laugh collapsing into the sofa next to me. The cracking light coming from the fireplace make the atmosphere more relaxed and white romantic. A knitted blanket covered our body's and curtain blocked out the daylight.

"Only for you." I whispered as my arm wrapped about her body causing her head to rest against my chest.

"Why can't it always be like this?" Rose the whispered, smiling look up towards me.

"It can." I responded back as I leaned in, connecting our lips.

"What are we?"