Chapter 28.

Brad's POV

The final whistle blew indicating the lesson was over. I rushed my hand through my curls, smiling in the direction of Rose who gave me a blank expression before her lips upturned into a small smile.

This was my chance to speak to her.

"Brad, we're going to head to Tristan's to practice for a couple of hours?" James shouted as I slowly proceed to walk over to Rose.

"Yeah, whatever." I yelled back remaining focuses on Rose as she laughed along side Megan.

"Oh god here he comes." I heard Megan mutter to Rose as her eyes flickered up to mine.

"What should I say?" Rose mumbled quietly turning her head away.

"What you told me!" She whispered before flashing a smile at me. "Can we meet up later tonight? Girly night in?"

"Only if it's us two, I'm not up to hanging with rest of the girls yet."

"Ok!" Megan nodded in agreement, before she walked away nudging her arm slightly against mine.

"Hi!" I waved politely at Rose who shrugged in response. "Still not talking to me?"

"I didn't stop talking to you, you never started a conversation until right now." She huffed, rolling her eyes slowly.

"What's been going on?" I questioned concerned. "You've been so distance with not just me but everyone since that game of truths-"

"Things in my life have changed." She replied back bluntly. "Thinks I would prefer not discuss with anyone."

"I'm not anyone." I announced slowly.

"I've only told Megan, I don't want to speak to anyone about it." She snapped suddenly a using me to flinch at her tone. "Go and fuck your girlfriend, you don't care-"

"Is that how little you think of me?" I spat out on disgust which caused Rose to loudly gulp the fear she has grown. "I've done nothing but defend you when she spoke to disrespectfully about you, even Megan didn't speak a word for you."

"Really?" Her tone of voice suddenly dropped.

"Really, but obviously I shouldn't off as now you have a boyfriend you would rather be with than us."

"I haven't got a boyfriend." She lied.

"Don't lie to me, I've seen you with him."

"Seriously!" A moan escaped her lips. "He's not my boyfriend, although it's none of your business."

"Who is he?"

"Why do you care?"

"Because I stupidly care about you."

**********

Rose's POV

"Because I stupidly care about you." The words rambled out of his mouth and my initially reaction was to gasp in shock.

"I-I-I-" I stuttered before giving up trying to construct a sentence together. "I need to go." And childishly, I ran away from Brad and back into the empty changing room.

My back crashed against the wall as I breathed heavily, thoughts and emotions spinning in my brain making me feel queazy.

After inhaling and exhaling for a while, I decided I should change from the scummy kit back into my uniform before heading home. Then suddenly , the door slammed shut.

"Shit, sorry." The familiar voice cussed as I turned around in shock, clutching the shirt against my shirt concealing my upper body.

"Brad!" I shrieked as he covered his eyes with hands. "What the fuck-"